Krippenstein

Comments room of Krippenstein startplace,

Latest Comments

pogozoli's picture

Hi guys!
We are planning to go to Krippenstein between 20-29 June. If anyone knows something about the place, please write to me. I'm interested in cable-car if it's working, camping place prices, cable-car prices etc.
And if anyone want to join us, you are welcome.
Cheers, Zoli

pogozoli's picture

Hi,

We are planning to go to Krippenstein at least for a week in June 2008 (between 13-22 or 20-29). If anybody has information about that period, cable car, camping etc. please write to me. Thanx!
And everybody is welcomed to join us!
Cheers, Zoli

audacium's picture

Hello,

Krippenstein cable car will be closed all summer due to constructions works (complete exchange of the cable car, they build a bigger one with more capacity). Cable car should be open again for winter season.
There is a small cable car at the same mountain. You can either reach a take-off place with much less height but still quite good for acro (it is called Krippenbrunn), or you continue with another cable car, do some walking, take another cable car, do again some walking and get to top of Krippenstein. That takes more time though.

However, it is yet quite unclear how the situation will be dealt with, as the smaller cable car is military owned and normally does not offer public access. They sure will find a solution as they cannot turn back all Krippenstein tourists in summer but we have to wait for the final decisions.

Eduard.

XaNadu's picture

How do you reach the cable car from the landing place?
(I was there several years ago, and I remember there's a good height difference between the lake and the "tall station".

There are very good "Privatzimmer" in Hallstatt on Mariaweg. This is next to the brook. The further you go from the lake, the cheaper price you find.

AndyNeubi's picture

hey,

- season card is about 200euros
- ticket per day costs 22euros
- don't know if there is a ticket for 1week available
- if you start at 9am you'll be able to do up to 6-7 flights
per day ... if you hurry a litte bit :) ...
- next to the lake there is a nice camp-site
- in the village (called "Obertraun") next to the lake you can stay at nice bead-and-breakfast-places for very low prices

if you need more details, or if i should organize something for you just drop me a mail ...

Andy

some links :
http://www.krippenstein.at (official homepage - german only)
http://www.obertraun.at
www.obertraun.ooe.gv.at (platform of the small village next to Krippenstein, Hallstatt)

moneo's picture

I would like to go to Krippenstein in summer 2007.

Please give information about the conditions, if you can.

- How much is the season card?
- How many rounds is possible to do daily?
- Does the cable car company has a website?
- Does anyone know a chep camp or any other opportunities to stay there. It is not important to stay very close to the lake, traveling 20-30km to get there is no problem for me.

Thanks for the infos!