F-Gravity by Niviuk

Hey there!

I'm looking for a Freestyle Glider for myself. Does anybody has experience with the F-Gravity?
How is it compared to Octane FLX, Aspen II Freestyle and Morpheus?

Thanks for your answers!

Latest Comments

Shiva's picture

Well I had mine for about 5 months (bought it new),... after this time there also were some things broken. loops tore out, zells in the glider tore,...
I think that the quality of the glider isn't really the best, what a pity, it's quite a nice glider

FlyinDread's picture

Hi Silup,
I was testing the F-Gravity for a few flights in summer 2008. I did some tumbles too, and during one of them, the canopy ripped 20 cm at the seam at the a-area.

silup's picture

Hey everybody

Thanks for your comments. I've been flying my FG now for almost one year and have the 22 and then the 20. I was happy with this wing until I started to fly tumblings with it...
Does anybody else had troubles with this glider concerning the stability of the loops and the material?
I managed to get 2 times a rip in the seam next to A-Line loops and had a complete ripped off A-Line loop as well with the FG22. Then I bought the FG20 and got a 30cm rip in the seam next to a A-Line loop. It happened always on tumblings or asymetric sats.
I always let it repair but I want to know if I have bad luck or if anybody else is having these experiences as well with the F-Gravity?
I have now a real acro glider (nikita) which is built for these manouvers...

c0kee's picture

Hi,

I have to join to the good comments to the free gravity, i got the 20mt and fly it with 97kg aprox, i love the wing, it´s very dinamic, and basic stuff like dinamic fullstall, sat,asymetric sat, looping, asymetric spiral, wing overs are very easy. the wing is fairly monoblock... the trimspeed is really fast.

The only thing, it´s that shoots very hard, so i had shortened the brakes like 18cm, and release the break , and install the elastic to the carabiners, with this i have the break more directly to the wing. The stabilos are a litle weak, but with practice on the breaks you can manage them...

Regards from chile !
c0ke

izabella's picture

i've been flying the 20m² fgravity for a few months now and i love it as well... my all-up weight is 70kg... it stalls, sats (without wraps), helis and loops nicely... working on misty and coconut now... so far so good... great glider for a beginner acro pilot like myself... have fun!

pogozoli's picture

I can't say that it had a big tendency to turn, anyway I catched it in the right moment. The opening is very fast, you don't have to pump the brakes.
Regards, Zoli

cruelangeltesis's picture

Thanks pogozoli. And how did the wing behave in the asymmetrical collpases, did it turn heavily? Whas it easy to mantain course?

regards
fly safe
nelson

pogozoli's picture

Hi Nelson,
I'm not a big acro expert, but about thermaling with the F-Gravity I can tell you some aspects:
It is very stable in turbulence, also very fast, when everybody (with normal gliders) is at full speed accelerated I can fly with trim speed without problems.
The sink rate is pretty good, in comparison with new DHV 1-2 wings is not much lower.
You can center the core of the thermal much more precisely because the glider turns fast and it is sensitive for the brakes.
I have flown about 50 hours with it, mostly in thermal conditions and I love it. At the beginning it was a bit harder to thermal with it, but when you get used to it it will be perfect.
About collapses: I had only one front-stall, but very dynamic, it opened pretty fast.... and about two asymmetrical collapses, but not big ones.
The fullstall is piece of cake, WO also. I have to work now on the helico.
Best regards,
Zoli

I have been flying my FG for a bout 3 hours. Done wo, asim spiral, loopings... i love this wing!!! It is so obedient! Im so happy! :)

thats all
byeee
fly safe
nelson

sylv38's picture

DHV 2 I think

hi guys, how much passive security do u belieeve this wing has? is it like a class 2? 2-3? what do u think?

regards
nelson

Shiva's picture

hi silup
i shortend them for 2 rounds,.. hmmm I hope you know what I mean. I put them two times round the carabiners,... clear???
But you have to try,.. for assymetric SAT it's quite nice,.. for heli it isn't :D I was training heli after shortened them and didn't get it,.. and i didn't know why,.. now I know hehe
so I opened it again. Maybe try with only one round?? dont know

cheers

silup's picture

Thanks for your comments! I'm a proud owner of a F-Gravity for 3 Weeks now and I love this wing! High trimm Speed (seems to me that the other gliders stand still if I pass them without accelerating!) , nice in Fullstall and Deepstall and very high dynamic! You also feel every movement of the wing, it has a very direct handling.
@shiva: How much did you shorten the stabilos?

Shiva's picture

yeah with your weight it's defenitly the 20 F-Gravity. I'd also like to try the 20, but there are not that much people flying the F-Gravity.
For normal SAT I also don't have to wrap, for assymetric, I have to, also for coconut. Therefor I would like to wrap two times,... but I didnt get it until now,.. maybe I'm just not strong enough hehe. But when doing coconut with one time wraped,... the skin of my hand was gone hehe,..
cheers

pogozoli's picture

Hi Shiva,
I have 60 kilos and I fly it with 75 kg, so it was a good decision to buy the smaller size.
The brakes are definitely short, I didn't shorten it and I can pull SAT very easy without any wrap. I didn't tried the coconut spin yet, but maybe there I will need a wrap on the brake.
Cheers, Zoli

Shiva's picture

how much do you weight, pgozoli?

I got the 22 F-Gravity, and fly it with about 105kg. I quite like it, but I had to shorten the stabilos a little bit, for doing assymetric SAT a bit easyier. Heli is quite nice and Fullstall is also easy.

Compared to the Octane FLX, I can say that it doesn't loose as much energy in the manouvers as the Octane FLX does. Also the trimspeed is higher and the breaks shorter.

cheers

pogozoli's picture

Hi,
I've bought in October a 20 m2 F-gravity. I didn't had the opportunity to try it above water, but I flew about 20 hours (thermals, soaring etc) and a bit of acro, wing-overs, SAT, Assym spirals, just easy stuff. It is a beautiful wing, super stable, good climbing characteristics in thermals. In comparison with 19 m2 Morpheus it seems to be a bit more friendly. I think it is a perfect wing for freestyle.
I will try it also above water in the Springtime, and after that I can tell you more.