Octane flx

Today i flew both sizes of the glider. 22 was nice dynamic but 25 was hot as well. With the 22 i was at the top of the weight. Now my questions is, is it better to fly this wing top loaded or is it better to have some space to fly the maneuvers nice. I didn't have a lot of space to test and maybe some of the pilots who are flying this wing with longer xpirience can give me some hints thx

Latest Comments

LeeF's picture

Hi
I've been flying the 25m wing for about 50 flights at the top of the weight range (105kg take-off weight) and absolutely love it. Like others say it's not the most dynamic wing out there but plenty of energy for the basics and really safe for learning manoeuvres, it seems to resist cravats no matter how much abuse I throw at it.
Also if it's your only wing and you want to do a bit of thermalling ocassionally then the bigger size will certainly make that easier, it hasn't given me any nasty surprises so far...

mrabazari's picture

Dear Friends,

I fly about 2 years, i already fly with sport 4 ,
i have one octan flx 25 brand new one, but i am afraid of flying with, since i am naked 115 kg,
my take of weight is 127 kg, do you have any advise,

i want to start helico with this wing,
before i have done loop, sat, and fulstal in several time,
i think i am master in above manover, but i want to start new chapter in my flying, please advise, my email is mrabazari@gmail.com

spinAir's picture

you should always consider that octane flx, in size 22 or 25 is not the most dynamic wing. sure you could do tumblings with it, but if your priority is on dynamic stuff i'd pick the 22 size or even a different freestyle wing if i were you.

JaroXS's picture

What about 25 size ? and take off weight almost 100kg. Is it still good for tumblings ? Is it slower in helicos (and safer for beginner) in this size ? It should be much better for weak thermals i think, is the difference high between this two sizes ? Can anybody compare ?

Soft landings !

Jaro XS

millerutah's picture

Good glider, the smaller the better. The 22 with your weight shouldn't ever bite you too hard. Enjoy.

spinAir's picture

I'd definitely go for the 22, dude. Have fun!

marco's picture

Hi

I Fly the 22 since 150 Flights with a takeoff weight of 110kg. It's very nice for Helico, Dynamic Stalls, Sat's. For very High Dynamic Maneuvres like tumbling, Asymetric Sat it works, but not so good as the Aspen Freestyle or the F-Gravity. But to learn the Tricks the wing is very safe.

For Thermalling in weak conditions the wing is not so good...

cu

FlyinDread's picture

The smaller the better!
I flew the 22 wing a few times last year. Slightly overloaded and it was very easy to use!
I would definitly choose the small one!