Octane FLX or RR Rolling

hi,

i am looking to buy a new glider! which one would you prefer for me? i want to train fullstall and helicopter.
is the rolling much more dynamical than de Octane?
someone here also flying the rolling?
please help me guys!

greez

Latest Comments

highervince's picture

Hello,

I fly a Ozone Octane FLX 22 and I had a RR Rolling 22 for two weeks.
I can say that :

- The rolling has much more rolling energy but it could be due to the handles which are quite bigger.
- I found the rolling a little less precise but always due to the handles.
- I had to brake more on the Rolling to avoid deflatening during loops.
- The sat entry must be more precise with the Rolling.
- I felle the Octane much more easy and homogeneous.

It's quite the same kind of wing but for a complete novice, the Octane should be better than the Rolling.
If you like the big handles and a high rate of rolling, the RR Rolling should be better.

Hope It could help you.
Vince

cruelangeltesis's picture

Hey Greez, i haven't flown any neither rolling or octane flx, but i want to help from videos and pilots comments abount both.

Both wings are DHV 2, so spect the same DHV 2 surges (easy ones). Octane is a very forgiving and easy glider, it is perfect for helicopters! One of the easiest to do it.

About the Rolling, i have seen videos and the homololgation document, it has been created from the Nova Mentor (the high end dhv 1-2 from nova). Saw it helicoptering and it turns slow and easy.

From the videos i have seen from Raul and the others of the FLX online, i believe that the Rolling is a bit more diynamic in stuff such as sat manouvers.

I am sure spending in any of both is a sure bute since they were especialy created and homologated for start tu acro pilotos. Both wing came from the hands of the Rodriguez!

Sure bet fot both!

Good luck!
Nelson