Ava Sport Acro

I want an acro harness

Latest Comments

skyflyer's picture

jes, i fly a avasport acro 2. (xandis old one ; ) )
and i must say, its the best harness ive ever been flying.
especially the foot straps are supersweet!
they hold you slightly over the knee, so theres no danger to get your balls squashed...
these footstraps give you much more flexibility for weightshifting, as you can move your pelvis much more freely, than with one with the straps mounted near the hips.
but, ofcourse, its only a matter of the right fit....

bernd's picture

Sorry, I don't have a picture as I use the version with the rescues next to each other.

How one can pull out the 2nd rescue first ?
Well, just pull the handle that corresponds to the given rescue...
So if you have e.g. the left handle connected to the 2nd rescue (which is the one behind) then you pull out just this rescue using the left handle...

Maybe I just didn't understand your question right :)

Anyway you should have in mind which rescue you pull most probably first; after that decision you plan how to lay the V-lines into the harness...

Bernd

PalTakats's picture

Thanks Bernd!

How are the chutes placed behing each otherm in the special version? How can you pull out the one which is behind? Don't you have a picture about it? It's a bit hard to imagine and I didn't find any further info on Ava's website.

See you!

bernd's picture

REGULAR VERSION (reascue containers left and right)
You can use 2 regular rescues (sircular) next to each other, both beneath your ass ;)
So all the weight is under the seatboard which is good for the balance; what I don't like about a rescue on the back is that it "pulls" the pilot more or less into a lying position.
The rescue handles are placed one left and one on the rifht side; this way you can always reach one of the handles, even if you have big troubles and can't use one side (like falling into the canopy and having one side covered with your glider... *g*).

SPECIAL VERSION (rescue containers front and behind but still beneath the seatboard)
If you wanna use a bigger rescue (e.g. rogallo like papillon, beamer,...) together with a regular (circular) rescue then you can order a special version of the Acro harness with the rescue containers placed behind each other; that way you have more room for both rescues; the rescue handles are still placed one right and one left.

All the best,

Bernd

PalTakats's picture

Hi Bernd!

I fly a http://www.profly.org Profly Groovy Acro harness and I'm satisfied with it, the only problem is that I fly with two resques: a normal parachute and a rogallo, which is a bit bigger than an average chute and therefore it is not easy to put in both reserves. Fortunately I can pull them out easily so it doesn't make sense, but still not very good. How big is the space in the Ava Acro? What kind of parachutes do you have in your harness, two circulal canopy or maybe is there something bigger?

Thanks!
Pál

bernd's picture

Ava presented their latst version of the acro harness at the FreeFlight in Garmisch.

The latest version features a special rescue handle that is at the same time part of the outer container so that the rescue can be pulled out smoothly without using too much force.

See the 4th picture (black/yellow)
http://www.avasportcentral.com/eng/pr_acro.html

Alex and me (against the grain) fly Avasport Acro harnesses for 3 years now and help Avasport to develop and improve the Acro series.
If you need a customized version of the Acro harness please contact us.

Blue skies & fly high,

Bernd

[against the grain
paragliding acro club

http://bissl.org/acro

lupus78's picture

Yes, the Ava factory manufactures many harnesses for different companies.

A week ago I've seen a prototype of a Charly Acro harness, which look very cool! It's also made in Bulgaria by Ava!

akira's picture

The problem with the avasport acro is that there are so many different versions that it is quite difficult to get an idea of the harness ...

Furthermore they told me thay finished a new version that would be released the next weeks.

lupus78's picture

Hi there,

I'm willing to buy an acro harness, and the Ava Sport Acro seams to be a good choice!
Is anyone out there tried it? Please share your experienxes with me!

Any other harness which you should suggest?

Lupus