NIkita3 or Thriller

Hello,
I am a pilot with some little experience in acro (sat, wingover,assym spirals,Spins, dynamic stalls). I fly a dhv 1-2 wing right now. I want to buy an acro glider for the next season and train over water. Can you tell what would be a good glider for me ?

I am thinking Thriller 22 or Nikita 3 22 . I weigh around 87 kgs with all my gear (Naked:65 Kgs). I want to learn Assym Sats, Helico.

I want an acro glider that is easy to learn right now but I could reduce the size later on ( to make it more dynamic)

Thanks,
-F

Latest Comments

theo's picture

It is actually 2 differents gliders in my opinion ;-)
I prefer the Nikita3, so okey I am flying for Icaro but still without that I would prefer the nikita3 on the 2k12.

First of all the nikita3 is a bit easier than the 2k12 in heli connections like sat to heli or heli to sat or other connection like that I think,

If we speak strictly about helico, these 2 gliders are the same.

I think the nikita is more solide than the 2k12 in rythmic and dynamique manoeuvers as well, you can check out on all the videos of the web we often see small ears during rythmic with 2k12, while on the nikita it is much more solid.

Also I don't know about the thriller but I know that with your wing load under a nikita3-22 you would be able to perform all the tricks from simple helis to even espheras
(check out this video I made of an esphera with a nikita3-22 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUazqp-tABg with nearly the same wing load than you)
So with the nikita you can learn everything and when you think it is borring because it is to slow, switch to a smaller size :)

Regards,
Théo

fraents's picture

I have a 2k12 21.5 at around 100kg in total.

Thriller is perfect for deepstall and helicos. I havent flown nikita, so I cant say which is better.

cheers