Icaro Aquila impressions?

Hi,
does someone have any experiences with Aquila? I'm really looking for a freestyle glider that is also good for thermals and even for light XC.
Thanks

Latest Comments

jmcolombo's picture

Heya there!

I just sold my Sophie2 and would be interested in the Aquila 22 actually. I need a more benign and tame wing as I live far from proper flying sites and also the weather here in Melbourne, OZ is pretty crap!

I'm pretty sold on it but I'm doubting its durability for a freestyle wing and also the fact that has only 3 risers and not 4 like other freestyle wings? So any more comments or experiences would be awesome!

Cheers!
Juan

Jens's picture

Hi guys!

@ perial: I tested a 22 (83 kg) and liked the FS behaviour and the flyback very much. It was easy to control in the flyback position and needed not much power to hold it there. There was nearly no shoot leading it out. It was also very nice in SATs and WOs. After that I bought a 20.

@ maima: What was the unique stall behaviour you stated? And what about the trimm problems?

@ acrominator 3: Why do you prefer the Lucy?

Thanking you for answers in anticipation
Jens

maima's picture

I flown an Aquila for half a year. Actually i learned a lot on it. I was an Acrobeginner at that time. Its a super nice and safe wing for WO, ASY and Loopings. If you get used to the stall behavior (I think its a little unique but not difficult), the Aquila is also easy for Helicos.

But I had some problems with the trimm and the durability - Its pretty light for a Freestyle wing...

Overall the Aquila is a cool wing. I liked it.
Test one!

Greetz

acrominator3's picture

I don't love Aquila.but that's just my opinion. I prefer the new Lucy (Nesler Project). Then none freestyle wing is suitable for XC . For xc you need other types wings.