Emilie Wild 13 vs. Thriller X3 vs. N-Gravity 3 vs. Nikita 3

Hey Guys,

I am wondering what are the differences between Emilie Wild 13, Thriller X3, N-Gravity 3 and Nikita 3?
Do they have different target groups?
Do you have experience with two (or more) of these gliders and can tell about the differences?

I am looking for my first real acro glider. My take off weight is about 88kg. I am thinking about an 18m² glider and am looking for something more dynamic than a Blue XS or Instinct Acro.

Thank you!

Best,
Malte

Latest Comments

maltej's picture

I have something like 88-92kg on the X3 19.

JaroXS's picture

Hi, what's your takeoff weight ? My is 100kg and Im also looking for X3 in size 20m.

Jarek

maltej's picture

Finally I have bought a Thriller X3 19.
I think the different sizes have a bigger impact on flying characteristics than the question Emilie vs. Thriller. Both gliders were very similar.
I had to decide between size 19 and 20. It was not easy. I have a lot of respect of the dynamics the smaller wing can develop. But it just has a purer handling. The brake travel ways are great, the canopy has a nice pressure and it's rocking fast. At the first moment maybe too fast - but you get used to it.

Now I have to practice my whole maneuver repertoire on the Thriller. A lot of tricks are easier, some are definetly more demanding. And I have to build confidence into my new wing.

See you in the air :-)
Malte

Roman's picture

Hy ste,
Do you think a Buzzard 22 could be a good glider to start acro or a freestyle glider?

Roman's picture

Hy ste,
Do you think a Buzzard 22 could be a good glider to start acro or a freestyle glider?

ste's picture

Hi Malte,

since I "only" have an Emilie Wild, I can not say anything about how it compares to the other gliders you mentioned. The target group of all of those wings however is comp pilots... The 2011 Emilie and the Skyline Buzzard, for example, are not that aggressive.

Anyway, and I think this is, especially at your stage, way more important: Please reconsider your size choice! You will have to re-learn all the maneuvers you already fly with your current wing (could you tell us that, and the wing model?), and learn how to handle the much more dynamic and demanding behaviour of an acro wing, and since I don't think (or hope ;)) that you are straight away going to start practising infinity, a size 22 will be just fine - don't worry, you will have loads of fun with that, it is already very dynamic, but a mistake would not have as severe consequences as mistakes with an 18 would have. Just as a comparison: I am now flying my third Emilie, a W13 size 17, and had a 2011 model in 19, then 17 before, with a take off weight of 70kg; and the 17 is _definitely_ small enough for me. If I would not have the opportunity to practise above a lake, I would maybe even fly a 18 or 19. The Wild 13 is very dynamic. Read my post

http://justacro.com/forum/general-discussion/6468/free-style-glider-litt...

for details.

Cheers, Ste