DHV 1-2 most dynamic wing

Hello,

I started flying 1 year ago, right now I'm using Buzz Z3. But it is not mine, thanks to University Aviation Club :) I'm considering buying one at the end of this summer season, because we have to share wings in the club etc. I also plan to continue in the way of being an acro pilot, so I'm looking for a wing which I can push the limits of it and can learn as much manoeuvres as I can from a DHV 1-2 wing.

Also is it good or bad to buy an acro harness in this level to get used to it -or not to spend money again later :P-? Will it be too difficult or teach me bad/wrong habits thermalling with acro harness if you consider my experience?

Thanks for answers..

Latest Comments

jmcolombo's picture

I would gladly take advice or any opinions from pilots with more experience regarding what I'm about to say:
I was on the same boat as you mate some 10 months ago. I was after a safe-ish freestyle wing to start practicing some maneuvers and also to start feeling what a wing with a high wing loading feels like, so I went for a Littlecloud Spiruline 21.5. My TOW is around 93kg, and even though this wing is more for people with TOW 100kg+, still this wing feels sooo dynamic, and still keeping the safety cert. of a high ENB, it climbs like a beauty, both coastal and inland, and you can crank massive WOs in only 2 passes. I haven't done any SATs, helicos or full stalls yet unfortunately, as I'm waiting to do them in an SIV course first. It's super responsive and forgiving at the same time.
In terms of the harness: yes yes and yes, get an acro harness. If you're thinking about flying acro, that means I guess that you like flying in an upright position and acro harness' are made for that. I would recommend the SOL Wasabi2. I love mine, and it's only 4kg without reserve. And it's seriously comfy. Awesome quality and finish touches.
It might not be a proper freestyle wing, but I think its doing wonders for me... Besides, it was the only wing I could afford at that time. :-)
Any opinions welcome!

ARGZ's picture

Hi,

Iv you only want do go for freestyle then i think de Instinc 2 acro i perfect for you. The glide not that good but its the perfect wing to start freestyle. its as forgoving as a 1-2 but it reacts much more dynamic. if you also want to go for some thermals then i recomend you to buy something like a high en B in a small size. With those wings you cam easly learn SAT, Stalls, Asy. Spiral and all the basic stuff. The Instinct is named as a freestyle glider; it has e nice dynamic but as far as i can tell its much more to fly like an EN B than an EN C. To learn SAT its the perct wing its sooooooooooooo easy to fly a SAT with that wing.

Adam A's picture

It's hard to comment about a wing without seeing you fly. If your a capable pilot, there are a lot of B wings that will more than suite what your after.

gncklync's picture

Thanks for clarifying about harness :)

gncklync's picture

Thank you for the answer, but what I mean is I have to buy a new glider for my own, Z3 is not mine and I have to share it. So will you suggest me buying a Buzz? If so Z3 or Z4 etc. ? So basicly I will be using this level of glider at least for a year, which one will you suggest me to buy?

maltej's picture

If you have enough money take the acro harness.

I think you should fly the Buzz until you have learned Fullstall, SAT and some wingover-like movements (I say wingover-like because I think you can transition to a freestyle wing before you're able to fly wingovers in perfection).
Take one of the homologated freestyle Glider out there: Icaro Instinct Acro, Ozone Octane, Advance Zeta, ...

Have fun, take your time and be careful! :-)

Malte

Adam A's picture

I'm not sure about the wing question as there are so many wings that would do what you want but an acro harness is heavier than a XC harness and doesn't recline as much so you'll be in a more upright sitting position which is really what you want if your going to throw your wing around. If your happy carrying the extra weight, go for it. They all do the same job essentially.

Adam.