Help with emilie versions (emilie1, emilie PRO, emilie Wild, emilie Peace)

Hi guys,

To describe myself, I'd say that I am more a freestyle pilot than a pure acro pilot.
But I am working on helicopters now.

I have an Airwave burn wing. This is quite an old design and I am looking for a more recent one.
Since I have a X-country wing and harness, it does not have to be a freestyle one with good glide ratio ... if I want to fly far, I can change wing. That's why I am looking at the acro wings.

I have come across some used equipement offers for emilie.
One I a looking at right now is an "old" emilie (2011 model probably).
Has there been a lot of changes between the versions ? One version per year ?
I guess coming from a freestyle wing of 2005 (Burn), even a emilie 2011 will feel great, right ?

Would you advice me to go for a more recent version or would this "older" emilie be fine for my needs (mostly heli, mctwist working before going to more dynamical stuff) ?

Thanks for your help,

Akira

Latest Comments

akira's picture

Hi qiv,
Thanks for your hekpful input.
My Burn (freestyle wing 21m2) is really a pain in heli (but that comes surely also from the pilot under the wing :D)
It can't be worth with an emilie I guess (even the first version).

Cheers
Akira

qiv's picture

Hi,

it will be a radically different experience. Wing-overs, spirals, SATs, stalls, everything feels quite different and takes some time to get used to.

For McTwist anything is good, for helicos the first Emilies are not the easiest gliders, as they are not that much into spinning (particularly the 22) ... This also makes transitions to helico a bit harder. You could adapt the trim, but that needs some experience. The Emilie pro in 2012 was quite a bit more aggressive and turning faster and the newer versions did not change that much anymore -- they say, I just flew the original.

Cheers,
Geri