Gradient Freestyle 3 or Icaro Aquila for learning Acro?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a freestyle wing to learn acro. (Already practiced Helicos on my old B-Wing, but for more dynamic things it's too slow).
Someone recommended the Gradient Freestyle 3 (20qm) to me, but others told me it's too dynamic to start with, so I also tested the Icaro Aquila (18qm), but found the lines rather short and I'm not sure how that works with the maneuvers...
Do you have recommendations?
I weigh 60kg and find it rather hard to find a suitible wing for a light weight pilot...
Thanks in advance!

Latest Comments

Bastienne's picture

Same question for me (pilot wt 65 kg).

I have flown a bit with the Gradient Freestyle3 20 and it feels very nice. Just wingovers, spirals, SAT, no stalls yet. It does not feel too dynamic for me coming from spirals, SATs and stalls and some tries for helicos on a B-wing (BGD Base and Swing Mistral6).

@Monal1sa this would be fine for you as well I guess, if you can handle helico on a B-wing? Weighing 5 kg less than I, it should be ok.

Judging by one flight only, the U-Turn Redout 19 feels approximately the same as Freestyle3 20. Any comments anyone?

Icaro Aquila 20 felt slightly less dynamic based on one flight.

How does the Octane 2 size 20 compare to these 3 wings? The 22 will surely be less dynamic but how is the size 20?

Any other suggestions for an entry level acro course in October?