Waggas Festaval - Esperance 80 Meter Coastal Dunes 9-17 January 2009 / 9-14 April 2009
West Australian Paragliding Festival - Waggas 8-11 ALT 15-18 January 2009
This will consist of a festival inclusive of international and local pilots in order ot promote beach flying and freestyle and create awarenes and development of this form of flying.
Holding Annualy in the prevailing South Easterlies in the summer with the most reliable weather of the season. However the peak of the events may be moved to the next day in the very, very unlikely hood of too soft or too strong winds as in all events off this nature.
Realize we are there for the festival for the duration of 8-18 January 09 we will be having fun and flying the many local sites .
Restricted (Novice), Intermediate and Advanced pilots workshops and events in the following.
* Ground Handling ( 3 Events) - (1) Less than 1 Year Experienced Pilots - (2) Lest than 3 Years, (3) Open
* Low Level Slalom - (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Accuracy (Place/Snatch the rag over time period/goal) - (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Freestyle Expression Session (Individuals) - (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Freestyle Expression Session (Syncro/Dual) (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Paragliding Geocache (Timed)* Big Screen Movie Night(s) (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Educational & Adrenaline Videos/DVD's
* ACRO - (1) < 1 Year , (2) < 3 Years & (3) Open
* Prize Giving
This is Non HGFA Sanctioned, and Organized by Local Pilots. You Need a Temporary Australian Licence to fly in Australia.
RSVP your place @ $ 100 Per Day (3 days ). $300 if you attend all Event days Deposit $ 100.00. This include you transport every morning @ 6 AM from the end of the bitumen road to the site. So you dont need a 4x4, (handy though if you want to play on the hard dunes).
Contact : r.nieuwoudt (at) gmail.com
See a Video on flying on the Location of the Waggas ! (:-)
There are currently 3 users online.