new trick???

hi

I was wondering if this trick exist or if it's possible

start is like dynamic full stall, but instead of making full stall at the highest point , do 180 spin just before wing broke into full stall , release and swing under the wing back

and maby follow the pendulum on the other side and do the same- kind of wing overs repeats....

another question: what could be the name of this trick?? - dynamick spin?? maby? =o]

thanks folks palinko slovakia :)

Latest Comments

paal's picture

In 2001 I guess, Peter Brinkeby learned us (the Norwegians) a manouver he called wingover-negative.
It was this manouver. Let the glider go high after a pendel, then spinn it 180 deg, let it dive, and then repeat the other direction and so on just like wingovers with a spin on top.

This has for many years been a manouver ALL norwegian acro pilots must perform to get theit acro licens.
Before you had to do 4 in a row. Now only one is enough for the licens.

But we tought the name from Peter Brinkeby "wingover-negative" was not cool enough, so we renamed it "spinovers". As from wingovers with a spin.

So name it whatever you want, but we gave it this name in 2001-2002. Described in the compendium in 2003.

How to do it:
Get a pitch pendulum... On top you spin 90deg and release. The glider will continue to rotate 90deg more (180 total). Some gliders must have input on opposite brake to stop the rotation at 180deg. Brake the dive i little not to get a deflation, but not to much because you want the energy from the dive to do the next spinover higher than the first.

Pål Hammar Rognøy
zeroSIXzero

simon2's picture

oh you are right. there just one. but i thought this is such a "spinover"? (not a full 360turn like misty..only this 180)

cravattnix's picture

Did you refer to this (http://vimeo.com/760914) one? I couldn't find those spin-overs (only one single 180-degree-spin), but maybe I'm blind ...

Other video proposals? - many thx ..

simon2's picture

you can see one "spinover" in the madeira movie of michael knipping :) (i think :P)

Greets Simon

cravattnix's picture

Can anybody post a video link for this trick? So far I've only heard of this, but it must be really amazing to see a series of some nice and clean spin-overs ...

Shouldn't it be maybe added to the trick descriptions here?

paal's picture

We decribed this manuver in the "TOP SECRET" acro compendium that we made in 2004.
http://www.downteam.com/compendium/acroCompendium.pdf
Page 45

This manouver was until this year a part of the test to get the acro license in Norway.
We have changed it now to only be 1 pendulum instead of the old 4 pendulum in a row.

Pål Hammar Rognøy
zeroSIXzero

Dennis's picture

or spin-overs as they call them in Norway..

josm's picture

Hi

They call it "180 backflash" in the book Acrobatics. (German)