Infinite Tumbling

The newest and most radical acro manouvre...

Latest Comments

Marvin Ogger's picture

at least THIRTY turns
...then you can do a real infinite in my opinion.

freestylebraduk's picture

Thanks Lupus.

lupus78's picture

one can make 4 turn tumbling if executed properly, so anything above that can be called infinity, but usually pilots consider it infinity if it's at least 10-15 turns.

??????????????????????????????

Hi, How many turns over the centre of the glider do you have to do for it to be classed as infinity tumble? If you start from rythmic sat and do 2 full rotations over the centre of the glider is it still classed as rythmic sat?

cheers brad.uk

trendkill's picture

Hello Guys,
what do you think, is it possible to do infinite with a morph19, 4,5 kg/m2 (85 kg takeoff weight)?
cheers,
Gabor

PalTakats's picture

Yes it's cool, I'm going to publish this tonight.
We're planning 200 for a while, but up to now not enough height below.. :-)

But what you probably don't know is that 2 days ago Chrigel became a daddy. His kid was born in the morning of 24th! :-)
Congratzzz!

manolle111's picture

Hi

Has somebody already flown a Infinity with the Acrominator from Wings of Change?

I can do a maximum of two symmetrical rotations, then I lose the energy and i have to stop it. (I have done it only from Rythmic-SAT)

Because of this, I am realy interested if it is possible with this glider.

CYA, Lino

feelosofly's picture

I don't know.... i can't count ;o)
But i do it from tumbling and sat(rythmic) , and i don't fall into my canopy during the last month ;o)

PalTakats's picture

Hehehe :-) it's a good one!
I think all of these are necessery, especially "leaving your brain" and "close your eyes" :-)

So Alex, how many turns?

feelosofly's picture

"How to learn Infinity" By tonton Alex

1)leave your brain at home
2)take huge speed
3)wait a little bit
4)pull deep
5)close your eyes
6)release
7)and wait

INFINITY is ready ;o)!!!

PalTakats's picture

Oi!

Great, so we will meet there, I hope you are also going to take part in these competitions?!

Anyway, if you are planning to buy a Twister, just drop me an email, probably we can arrange a better price for you!

See ya!

daniboy's picture

Uauuuu!!! Você está falando bem a minha língua!!! (For the others: ´You are speaking very well my language!!!`)
Hope to see you soon... Probably I will be in Europe this year for the Acroaria and Acrovertigo but then I have to come back for some work :_(
Well... life´s a bitch... and not from Mc Para!
Thanks for the answer and I will let you know when the first infinity comes... some day... maybe... with my new Twister that I am going to order. First I will have to master perfectly the Rithmics and tumbles... than, with time, infinity!
See you guys and safe landings (ooops... soft landings!)

PalTakats's picture

Hi Daniel!

Brazil is too huge to see everything, not in 2.5 months, but in a half lifetime :-)
Anyway, we are planning to return there, maybe already at the end of the year.

Unfortunately Fabio didn't notice in the movie that in this Infinity shot you mentioned, one of the middle "A" lines broke. That's why the glider is collapsing immediately (however there was good energy) and he falls close to the canopy.

At that time we were just waiting for our new line sets, so it just arrived in time, soon after this happened. This maneuver is making huge shock on the glider and the lines in every single turn. We are flying with our Twisters since september and the canopy is still in very good shape (no visible damage at all), but the lines are very important! Doesn't matter what your company says, how strong is the material, even if the lines didn't get longer with the time it's a MUST to change them when it's time. Your life is hanging on it...

Espero encontrar com vocé durante nosso próxima viagem para Brasil!
Tchau! :-)

daniboy's picture

Hi Pal,
I didn´t have the oportunitty to meet you here in Brazil, but I´ve seen the videos in the youtube and they are great!
You only lose the oportunitty to spend some days in Santa Rita, our Brazilian Organyà... it´s unbeliaveble... But came next year and you won´t regreat.
Anyway, I have a doubt on an image that I saw in the part 2 of the ´Brazil acro tour 2007`. I didn´t understood why Gabor loose his wing pressure on the fourth turn of his infinity and almost felt down in the wing. He seemed to entered with good energy from a semetric spiral and rithmic just in time, but the wing loose pressure and...
Why do you think that happened?
For me, learning from the mistakes is the most important thing and if I can indentify the mistake in that movement maybe I can avoid do the same... when my time come, of couse. I am starting the rithmics and it´s going well so far...
In other hand your onboard image of the infinity was perfect and the wing went with lots of pressure/energy... Congratulations and keep the good work.

PalTakats's picture

Hi goxan!

First of all, check out our upcoming movie what we are now working on, a half hour long film about flying in Israel, included some nice infinity shots.
It will be ready in a few weeks.

Second of all, you might have to change your glider, because the Titan doesn't make Infinity. You have to learn all the maneuvers step by step and when you master all of them, learn Rythmic SAT and by the time and practice you will arrive to Infinity, that's for sure! This is the best advise I can give. However, not all the gliders, which are suitable for Infinity makes nice Rythmic SAT, only a very few.

However maybe the Infinity Tumbling is not the most difficult maneuver, but it's far the easiest way to end up in your canopy.

See ya!

lexou777's picture

hi goxan, i think you won't have an answer cause this tricks is pretty new so the pilots that do this trick won't tell the secret for the moment. :-)

goxan's picture

Hi everyone...I'm wondering about that manouver,how you enter infinity and how you maintain to do lots of tumbles like that?
I've searched lots of sites including acrocompendium but it seems like no one wanna help.

I'm not gonna try it dont be scared of it cause I'm not that kind of talented pilot but ıts my curiosity I have to learn it.

Please help me....By the way Iwas there in the first Acrox and 7th Oludeniz Air games.For those who came and flew acro, YOU WERE AMAZİNG...