Problems with Helicopter

Hi guys
First of all sorry for my bad english.
I'm the satisfy owner of an Acrominator 92 (19mq) I haven't problems with dinamic manouvres but I have many problems with helicopter. I tried it from parachtage and from negative spin but the result are only twist and great colapse. I would like to know if someone (acrominator owner) may give me some suggestions for understand where I mistake.
THX

Latest Comments

luciminator's picture

Ok Guys Thanks
I understood . The secrets are patience and practcing.

PalTakats's picture

Hi people!

You have to understand something...HELICOPTER IS MAYBE THE HARDEST TRICK TO LEARN!
It is not like you try it 10-20 times and you get it....even for the most talented pilots it takes at least 1-2 years (!) of HARD training to really understand what's going on and to achieve a level where you can really control AND correct even a bad starting helicopter. I never flew the acrominator but I saw pilots doing perfect helico with it. There are only very few wings that are not able to do NICE helicopter, but acro gliders are basically built for that - of course they also need more precise handling otherwise you get in trouble! You make yourself a harder way if you want to learn this maneuver with a small, dynamic wing. Very low rated DHV glider are either not so good, because they are "too" safe and they want to fly out the spin all the time. I think the best is to learn on a 1-2 or 2 glider at least until you can stay under control in EVERY situation, even when the rotation is very unstable and oscillates.
A few days ago I did perfect helicopter with my 7.5 Aspect Ratio competition glider (U-Turn Air-Force). But if somebody doesn't know exactly what to do, for sure will throw rescue...All these things like riser twisting, big collapses, cravattes are ONLY pilot's mistake, not the gliders...
Good luck practicing and keep good altitude below you...!

petlualex's picture

hi man!I don`t know anything about this trick with this wing!
but:P how many flights has your wing?with my old octane I´m not able to do nice helicos anymore because the trim has changed a lot during the last year:)but whenever I fly another wing it works perfect!
how much training did you have for helico?perhaps it wasn`t enough!?(if you enter a helico wich oscillates it is perhaps the best thing to lead it out instantly than to stay in!or do you get twists and collapses right from the beginning?that would be strange)
cya