2010 What wing to buy for new acro student ?

I"m a H3 hang pilot, but last year got into paragliding and love it too.

Right now I fly an Advance Epsilon 28. I weight 193lbs 88kg and hooked in weight is about 105kg-110kg
I'm also 42 and 6ft tall. I skydive, Hangglide and other things but really love anything in the air.

I fly almost everyday. P4 and have done 3 SIV clinics. I was with Nova Dasalla on my last SIV when he did his infinate tumbles in April, and also fly with Max Marion all the time too at Torrey Pines in CA.

I fly the Epsilon 28 and it's great but hard to do huge WingOvers because it's so flat and stable. I've done Heli's, my first SATS's, full stalls and spins etc.etc etc I get bored and really enjoy doing the fun stuff like the acro stuff.

Not sure if I should consider a U-turn Obsession on the very low end..... or keep the Epsilon for mtg flying and get a beginner acro wing like the Ozone FLX. Right now I'm leaning towards the FLX. My harness is the Indepence Fusion.

What do you think I should do? The FLX ? Is another newer acro wing going to be too "hot" for me like the FLX2 or Thriller...I'm sure it is!

What wings should I consider???

Any info at all you give me will be GREATLY appreciated, thanks so much!! Waiting for your replies.....
THANK YOU!!

Latest Comments

cruelangeltesis's picture

I recommend Octane FLX it is a homologated LTF 2 freestyle glider. Does everything and forgiving. Also the Free-Gravity from Niviuk. Not homologated yet forgiving and very dinamic! Also i heard from Pal a Thriller 22 is a good wing for guys doing stuff you do. Icaro Instinct is also a ltf 1-2 freestyle, but maybe hearing what you do with your other wing you can get bored with this one.

Hope it helps.
Nelson