Thriller 24m2

Anybody knows when 24m2 is coming out? Test-pilots? Dealers?
Any information is appreciated.
Gene

Latest Comments

muzzy145's picture

I need help to choose an acro wing. Finally, I decided to dedicate myself to acro as welI:D I am a heavy pilot (123kg TO weight). With my weight all those tiny acro wings on the market would be too dynamic for my skill level so, I was planning to buy a 24 or 22m freestyle wing to start practicing but the news about big size Thrillers changed my plans. I fly a USport for xc. I have been flying since dec 2007 and I can do high and clean wingovers ,SAT and asymetric spirals. Should I get a Thriller 24m, 26m, or a freestyle wing? Can 26m Thriller be used for solo flying without a paramotor?

Thanks

Muzzi

cybergene66's picture

From what I've seen so far, I understood: all available sizes, including 24m2 are already being produced to 2k11 specs, but talk to your dealer, they can give you official answer.

konstrong's picture

when is the 2k11 18 thriller available?

trendkill's picture

Okey, thanks!

justACRO's picture

Duuuuuude, that's freaking coool! The 24m2 gonna fly Infinity !!! :-)

There is basically no big visible change in the 2011 Edition. Those slight adjustments were done after the new experiences with the Twin Force tandem. Most of the changes happened in the inside structure of the canopy and the way of producing the glider at the stitching machine, which are not that obvious to notice. The problem of the little holes appearing between the A and B line attachment points after doing 50-200 Infinity turns is also solved. What I can say is that I truly believe that the Thriller is definitely the strongest glider right now. I don't want to mention brands, but I know many pilots who start to feel the changing of performance just after a dozen of flights with their brand new canopy and start to loose performance and brake pressure pretty soon. I just saw the used glider (with material still in good condition) of one of the TOP pilots and man...most of the tension tapes (inside the canopy) between the A and B line attachment points were simply ripped apart (the worst is that he didn't even notice it till that moment)...
I flew the same Thriller with the same line-set from August 2009 till September 2010 and it is still working well (alright, I didn't spent 2 month in Organyá, flying 5 hours of acro every day). Obviously, when I switched to my brand new glider 2 months ago I felt big difference, but what I want to say is that the glider is still performing great, doing all the maneuvers without any problem and not falling apart at the leading edge like the G-Force or other gliders from other brands did.
I think it is worth it to invest a bit more money once, but therefore have a glider with longer lifetime...
Cheers

trendkill's picture

Yes, and Pali, can you say something more about Thriller 2k11? Reinforced canopy, or any new development? Very interesting :)
Thanks!

cybergene66's picture

Thanks for the info. Pal. Appreciate it. You read my mind.. That's the idea.. besides I herd Thriller 2k11 is reinforced enough so it should not brake on a violent tows or after violent re-opening. Looking forward to see the videos.
Gene

justACRO's picture

The Thiller 24m2 and 26m2 is ready to order! :-)
Ohhhyee that's gonna be fun!!!

The cool thing is that now you can simply take a 24m2 Thiller as your first acro glider (if you are about 70-90 kg), no need to go for a "freestyle" wing. You will learn to fly the maneuvers with a real acro glider, get used to the feeling of it and once you are ready go down with the size in 3-4m2 steps. Most problem occur when people switch from a kind of beginner acro wing to a hardcore one (which is usually a lot smaller anyway) and they get big surprises because the glider's behavior can be very different. Of course hardcore dynamics maneuvers will not work so well (they still work, but you have to give in everything), but it will be excellent to learn all the helicopter combos easily. I didn't test the 24m2 thiller yet, but I learned almost all the tricks with a 24m2 Aerodyne Dune (even Tumblings with 68 kg body weight at that time!) so in my opinion it must be excellent!
I hope to get the chance soon to make a test flight and film it, that would be interesting! :)

cybergene66's picture

I'd really appreciate it, Pal.
Gene

justACRO's picture

Ouuuu, at the moment I don't know , but let me check it out...

cybergene66's picture

Pal, do you have the information as when u-turn is going to release serial Thriller 24m2?
Thank you
Gene

trendkill's picture

As I know there will be 24 and 26 size for Paramotor flying. Soon. :-)
I think Pal can give more infos about it.