Sport 2 for Acro?

Does anyone use the Airwave Sport 2 for Acro? I'd be interested in how hard/easy it is to performs the SAT and whether wraps are taken etc.

Latest Comments

gatwick's picture

Hi there, I'm using Airwave Sport2 M for while.I ussualy take a wrap.Not a big problem to pull a SAT on this one.

karlos's picture

Thanks again for the info Eduard. I'm due to take a SIV course soon, my second one. I hope to give the SAT a go!

audacium's picture

Sorry for the late reply.

For SAT I normally had to take one single full wrap, sometimes two if I wanted to make the SAT really slow. Obviously this is not ideal, but I think most DHV 1-2 gliders will show this behavior. Just do not forget to take the wraps off when you lead out the SAT, otherwise you will stay in deep spiral or spin it unintentionally.

karlos's picture

Good feedback so far, many thanks. Hi Eduard, do you take a single full wrap for SATs?

mikesm08's picture

i got a purple small sport2,i want the aspen2 freestyle now coz my glider has definately done too many sats and wingovers.its so safe and on an acro/safety course on boat tows in south africa it performed full stalls and tucks like a dhv 1,ive coco nut spun it a bit being silly on my first few sats and together with my skyline acro harness,i think its a wonderfull set up for beginning acro!thumbs up for my purple parapente!its time for something more serious now.........

picken's picture

well i got a Sport 2 L, my weight is like 90kg, whith equipment like 107 and the wing is for 90-120kg, it's my first wing. i'm just begining with acro, i already did my first full stall, and i'm practicing the F*ck*ng WO, men they are difficult, i have to do some few more FS and some spins, and then i'll go for the SAT, i gonna tell yoy then how it goes xD, i'll try to do it soon, but, i thing in 2 or 2 weeks.

greatings from Arica, Chile

Ian

audacium's picture

Hi,

The Sport2 was my first glider, I flew M size at the upper weight limit. I think it is a very good glider to start practising acro. It does nice high wingovers, asymm. spirals, SAT is no problem, and still you have safety of a DHV 1-2 glider. For SAT you have to take wraps though, I guess this is normal for DHV 1-2 gliders.

Best, Eduard.