rolling or freestyle 2

Hi everyone

I am about to buy a freestyle glider, I have had a team 5 greenb S 25,5m(A)
I have learnt good high wingovers, asym Spiral and done 15 full stalls. I was in Iquique for two months and flew nearly every day.
I have a choice between a rr acro rolling 22m and a freestyle2 22m, same price. My naked weight is 78kg
Could anyone explain the difference between the gliders, and which one might be the better.
I want to learn SATs, loops and helicos first
Thanks Ivan

Latest Comments

cruelangeltesis's picture

Hi, i have had a rolling 22 for one year. It is a very good wing for learning, it gave me confidence to progress in heli and heli combos. I tryed a F2 once and found it a bit more dynamic and better glide, but very forgiving. I think both are very good wings, being the F2 a bit more advanced, both are good ones! Hope it helps

Beginners mind's picture

Thanks for the comments guys, I have bought a Rolling 22 and am very EXCITED!!

Gutekfly1's picture

Hi,
I flown 2 years with octan flx (sometime I flown on buzzard). Octan is best glider for beggining. Now I changed to freestyle 2. For me it's next step. I think rooling is similiar to octan flx and it will be easier for beggining. But if you really experianced (e.g. cross country) pilot, you could chose freestyle.

Andy40's picture

Hi Ivan,

i Had the same choice 1 year ago, and i took the Freestyle 2.
It a nice wing to learn a little bit more about "freestyle". the wing is perfect to learn W.O., SAT, asy.-Sat, Heli and also fly in thermal, what is not realy possible with the most Freestyle/Acro wings. I realy like it.