Freestyle glider

Hello Commuity,

I'm new here and looking for information about freestyle gliders.
I was on several S.I.V. and freestyle trainings and now I' m totaly infected. Therefore I'm looking for a more or less save and moderate paraglider. I found for example the P360 or the burn, but I could not found realy detailed information.
Can someone give me some advices which glider is advisable for a beginner in the freestyle comunity?
The glider should be able the come up in the thermal also...

To my person:
I started 2004 with paragliding and make more or less 100 flights per year. SAT, clean Wingovers and assySpiral is no problem.

Best regards
Franky

Latest Comments

PalTakats's picture

Hi!

You should also try a Morpheus in bigger size. There are custom sizes from 17m2 all the way up to 24m2 (this is already like a normal XS size, more or less). As far as I know this is the only acro glider that offers such a wide range, means doesn't matter which level you are, you can find the one that fits your needs.
Have a look on this wing loading table:
http://www.u-turn.de/2006/gs/assets/morpheus/pdf/EN//Morpheus_Surface_lo...

Dennis's picture

Hey..

If You want a NICE, SAFE AND FUNN glider you should get an Obsession XS from U-Turn. It is very nice.. I have one and it is not borring ;o) every one how trais it, is wery impressed with its handling and speed. And it is only a High end DHV 1/2. It it allso very nice in the termic... Normaly I fly the morpheus 17 but I still thinks it is fun to fly the Obsession.

consumed's picture

Since the gliders testing changed i have no idea what safety or level of glider i am looking at. For example... I am about to start training acro, but looking at the new wings i cant tell how hot they are.

Niviuk F-Gravity.. what can i compare it to? Is it DHV2? or what?

Help! and explaination would help loads.

Thanks!

mikesm08's picture

There is absolutely no doubt that the brake travel on my glider is too long,we have compared it to the gradient seven ,,,unlike a true acro wing,there is standard~glider brake travel on the freestyle,,which aint a problem,,it just means short dudes like me resort to bungees and detatched brakes...I still would expect a Freestyle wing to have less travel in the brakes on manouvers.
Hey,at least its an awesome wing and that seems to be the only small thing on it :-)

GCARLO's picture

Thank you very much!
I will buy A2F 20 mq in september! :-)

p.s. Nice Video!

Ciao
G.Carlo

erlendmc's picture

Hi,
Probably depends on what size glider you got..
I am 83kg and uses the A2F 20m2
Don't need to take wrap for SAT but use wrap because I like it...
No need to take wrap to stall the glider too....

GIANCARLO's picture

Hi guys
I’ve got an Aspen2 standard and I’m very happy; But when I make a SAT I must use more more brake, and I don’t like this. Aspen2 freestyle also have this quality?
Excuse bad english!
Giancarlo

erlendmc's picture

I'm very happy with the Aspen 2 Freestyle!

taliban's picture

i read that somwhere. anyway yo're right. it is a RedHot

jpxtremo's picture

Does anybody have some reviews or comments for the F-gravity??? What do you guys think of it compared to an Octane FLX.

Benny's picture

But that's the RedHot in this video, isn't it?
I doubt that a Chili is that dynamic...

benny
www.petlu.com

drsat's picture

My friend bought an Airwave Mustang2, he really love it. He is 84 kg, the size of the glider is unknown(: He told me, he can do nice helicos, MacTwists, Mistys, Thumbles, all the manouvers.

mikesm08's picture

7 dudes bought aspens!!? cooL!!!!!!!!!!

lexou777's picture

freestyle gradient aspen is the best .
when I bought it, my friends tried it and 15 days later, they all (7 firends) bought one .
it is completly save and very good performances.
it is not really a pure acro wing just fresstyle but you can do ALL manoeuvers very very easily.

mikesm08's picture

And after saying all that below>
i forgot to mention that the only thing that pisses me off about my glider is the massive amount of brake travel.
i recon what Arno is saying is very true,try out all the gliders,especially some of the really cool ones hes suggesting..

mikesm08's picture

My Aspen2Freestyle 20 is perfect for learning acro,theres another dude in Australia thats enjoying his too.The Photos of the octaneFLX in the ozone Catalogue show the wingtips peeling badly when its backflying on the ground,where as my gradient backfles perfectly both on the ground and in the air...i want a Sol for my next wing,but am really impressed with my wings safety,thermaling and its dynamic enough!there where two dudes in Annecy with aspen2s,one was much bigger than mine and that looked considerably dynamic for a 'freestyle' classed glider,i guess with more weight/glider ratio too.

arno0073's picture

It really depends of what you wanna do and the way you wanna use your glider.
Do you want practice and perform in acro paragliding or just doing sometimes some acro manoeuvres.
I’ve tried the aspen 2 freestyle, it’s a nice wing but there’s no real difference with the aspen 2 standard except the size.
Aerodyne has launched the freestyle, this glider is based and the old Dune and it’s a really good glider to improve your ability and to understand the acro manoeuvres.
And of course U-turn with the Morpheus (this wing remains an acro glider) in large sizes or the free force in 22m which is a good wing to discover the world of acro but with a lot of security.
But the most important think is to try the maximum of wings to make your choice. It’s the only way to know if a wing is adapted to you.
I hope it could help you in your choice.
Arno.

pogozoli's picture

I suggest try the Gradient Aspen2 Freestyle and the Ozone Octane FLX. Both are for freestyle/acro.