Beamer 3 Light

Hello,

I plan to buy a new reserve and I was ready to by a Nova Beamer 3 light version till I saw in the manual :

" The Beamer 3 light is not suitable for use in the acro discipline"

Is someone know why is this not suitable for acro ?

I know what you will say... Why do you want the light version ??? Because I'm using my harnesse for classic flights, soaring, etc as well and I don't want to be overloaded :S

Thanks

Latest Comments

Alien's picture

I have a light Rogallo (X-Dream fly). Opened thrice (2x involuntary, 1x in SIV) and it´s holding up fine for now.

Schpice's picture

I will self answer my post...
I got an answer from Nova support team regarding Beamer 3 light version :

"The main reason why we suggest that the Beamer 3 Light is not sutable for the Acro segment is, that the Beamer 3 light is made out of lightweight fabrics and its limited live span. That means the Beamer 3 light fist needs more attention in handling, in inspections and it should be checked after every use if tere are some damages to guarantee a safe use of the rescue. Due to the fact that the Beamer 3 has a more rubust material we recommed it more for the Acro segement.

In genreal the Acro segement is the most likliest segment where a pilot needs a rescue also multiple times so to guarantee that the material works also after heavy use we do not recommend to use lightweight products at all."

Schpice's picture

Krisis Rogallo Ultra Light is not suitable for acro as well...
It looks all light Rogallo rescue are not suitable for acro, but why ?