Rogallo as second rescue in Ava Base

Hey, has anyone fitted a rogallo as a second reserve in their Ava Base harness? There are no attachment points for the risers, has anyone tried clipping them directly to the webbing that runs through the shoulder straps?

Harry.

Latest Comments

flying squirrel's picture

Great. I have the same problem. Could u please email me pictures to andreasme73@outlook.com ! That would really help! Thx! Andreas

alex039's picture

everything maked for a proficional (Asagiri.ch, Eric viret)
Take a look on supair acro base,it is the same concept .....

alex039's picture

this is my Harness

justACRO's picture

I wouldn't modify my harness for this. There must be a good reason for leaving the Rogallo out of the harness.
But I'm curious about you modification Alex, would you upload the photos here too? I just made an option to attach photos and files to comments.

Harry B's picture

could you send me some photos please? to harryab1234(at)hotmail.com

cheers!

alex039's picture

....also using the original straps,cut the straps ,leave just 10 or 15 cm and make a loop with 5cm for conect a maillons...You will need a qualified persona for doing the job .....( i payed 40chf,a new reserve it is 850 chf ;)

alex039's picture

Yes, very easy, make a small loop with 5 cm on each shoulder.
The small loops have to be made by a qualified person (sewing)
Any dealer does ;-) very inexpensive solution .... If you want,i send you some Pictures...

Harry B's picture

Ah yes, I hadn't thought about the cross strap! Looks like I need a new reserve!

lupus78's picture

You can't align the risers of the rogallo. Most of them, has the two risers connected with a cross strap, which you can't align. The AVA Base wasn't designed for rogallos.

As I know, if you ask AVA they can make it fit 3 reserves, one of them being a rogallo.