With Acroaria in the lovely town of Omegna (Italy) the World Cup Series were over for this season.
All the pilots were training hard for this last competition, and most of the top ranked were there so we can say it was the strongest event of the summer. The weather was not ideal, so it was only possible to finish 2-2 runs in each category. Félix Rodriguez (SP) just a few weeks earlier became a father (congratulations!) so he did not go Paranoia, but returned here with and won in solo with great confidence! However, after the first run, Cyrille Planton (FRA) took the lead 3 points ahead (!), but in the second run several diagonals exploded in his wing during a Tumbling figure, and he could not finish the rest of the maneuvers so he fell back to the 17th place...Not a surprise, that Horacio Llorens (SP) finished second maintaining his great form! Till now Antoine Montant (FRA) was pretty busy working on his french ski instructor licence and then with some tandem flights, but finally he also arrived to Omegna just to make one competition for fun. He is a guy who doesn't need to train to perform at top level at any time. Now he prooved this again and came on the 3rd place. Wouldn't forget to say a word about the performance of the austrian Alexander Meschuh who made his careeer's best ever solo results during this season (here 4th) and Yoan Castegnoli who - I guess - pissed off all the other french guys with his 5th place!
Click for detailed solo results!
No big surprises in the synchro category, the results:
FINAL Aerobatics Paragliding World Cup results 2008
1. SATisfaction (Horacio Llorens, Hernan Pittoco) 159,14 pts
2. Joker (Gábor Kézi, Cyrille Planton) 154,97 pts
3. Against the Grain (Alexander Meschuh, Bernd Hornböck) 152, 10 pts
Click for detailed synchro results!
2 ladies in the TOP 10! However Céline was one of the big surprises of the season, the japanese girl Seiko showed that with elegant style and many years of routine and experience it is hard to catch up, even for most of the mans!!!
Horacio Llorens won the most runs in the year (what means maximum score, 100 points for each run), all together 5 which obviously gave him the crown! His team partner Hernan Pittoco finished 2nd and Alexander Meschuh 3rd with no run victories, but a very stable performance during the whole season.
During 4 events 13 successful runs were held which means the points of the worst 4 run from each pilot are removed to calculate the final results (see the uncut points between the brakets). Of course no points are cutted from those pilots, who completed 9 or only less runs.
1. Horacio Llorens - Spain (1279,9) 894,6 pts
2. Hernan Pitocco - Argentina (1241,3) 875,9 pts
3. Alexander Meschuh - Austria (1201,9) 853,1 pts
4. Cyrill Planton - France (906,0) 850,1 pts
5. Cyrille Marck - France (861,9) 797,6 pts
6. Bernd Hornboeck - Austria (1026,9) 793,9 pts
7. Gabor Kezi - Hungary (870,6) 791,4 pts
8. Seiko Fukuoka - Japan (780,0) 722,3 pts
9. Celine Barmann - Switzerland (783,5) 710,6 pts
10. Renato Lopez - Brazil (708,4) 708,4 pts
63 pilots from 20 nations on the list.
Click for the complete solo results
On only 2 events 6 valid runs were held. Points of the 2 worst runs are removed from each team.
1. Satisfaction - Horacio Llorens, Hernan Pitocco (599,7) 400,0 pts
2. Joker - Cyril Planton, Gabor Kezi (577,8) 393,8 pts
3. Funky Spin - Baptiste Rousset, Alexandre Aimard (551,4) 377,8 pts
4. Against the Grain - Bernd Hornboeck, Alexander Meschuh (537,4) 372,2 pts
5. Les Blues de l'acopalypse - Guillaume Chatain, Emanuel Chanceaux (369,9) 369,9 pts
6. Picon Brothers - Cyrille Marck, Pascal Marck (531,5) 361,8 pts
7. Spalti Acro Team - Christian Maurer, Peter Neuenschwander (350,3) 350,3 pts
8. Against the Grain Jr - Sebastian Kahn, Ricky Kahn (514,0) 349,3 pts
9. Nendacroteam - Celine Barmann, Herve Cerutti (334,2) 334,2 pts
10. Titty Twisters - Andre Bernhard, Gregory Rondel (431,1) 324,2 pts
17 teams in the ranking
Click for the complete synchro results
Congratulations to all the pilots and teams!