Best Wings to Start Learning Acro

Hi Guys,

First of all many thanks for the advice so far.

I am thinking of going on another Siv/Acro course to prepare to learn some tricks (SAT, Loops) and to improve my wingovers. At the moment I am flying an Ellus2, so I can't go much further with this wing (but will keep it anyway). Therefore I would like to ask which wing would you recommend for a beginner to start with.

Many thanks,

Dymitr

Latest Comments

chavo's picture

Hey guys,

If you can choose a beginner acro glider between the Octane FLX, F-Gravity, Aspen 2 (or 3) and the Icaro Instinct, what will you choose? Please comment wings you have tested personally!

I;m asking because i have to make the choice soon and i am still not 100% sure. I like the f-gravity a lot but the profile looks a bit thick. Aspen 2 looks like a nice wing and i heard good things from pilots. it can also be used on nice days for thermalling.

chavo

Maciek.Gemini's picture

Hi Dymitr. It's funny to see you here. :) You wanna go Acro? Himalay makes SAT on his MAC Envy, Rambo can SAT on Nova RA, but it's much easier to do "fiku miku" on my highly loaded Niviuk Artik. You should see guys from Acro Collective in Bassano on Niviuks F-Gravity, it rolls nicely. Well, you know what I like...

Matthias
G303
Niviuk Fascist

flymore's picture

InstincT of Icaro is one of the best wings to learn all tricks with a lot of safety,
you must only choose yore right size.
And is a beautiful wings if you want to use termic fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QDwy3K0yNE

palinko's picture

hey guys,

and what about Intox 22 from Mac Para?? But the regular one, not the acro version. Is it suitable for lerning acro?

thx ;)

gforce's picture

Hi Dymitr,
I fly with Atis 2 Freestyle is ok for learn, is soft and safe, diferent glider like Atis or Atis 2, have a lot time to understand what happend. Another one very soft and safe is Team 5 Blue S, DHV 1-2, I fly all so with this alot nice climb in thermal soft opening wen jump from D-Bag ect.
And last one is Free Force 22 by U-turn. This is safe and soft in fly.

Blue Sky & Happy Landing Loco Mad Marius

simon2's picture

oh yes, i forgot the instinct. great glider!! But i thougt you want a ltf2 glider ;)

I fly also (hope get a new one in the next month :P) a SKY Atis S in the upper wingload section... but without high wingload the sat is not so nice (stabilo flaps) The Atis 2 is not so nice. not so much dynamic..

the f-gravity is too hot for beginning acro i think. I flew this wing a few times in the summer...

Greets Simon

pogozoli's picture

Hi!
Some aspects about the Synergy... My Synergy 2 definitely NOT SATs. I've asked the factory about the new Synergy3, they said that it SATs but with high wing loading only. So if you want a Synergy3 you should ask for S size.
I can recommend the Icaro Instinct, it is a really nice glider for training acro.
If you want to fly XC, you should check out the Gradient Aspen 2 or the Airwave Mustang 2 (or maybe the new models...). Both are ok for some acro tricks.
I'm flying now a Niviuk F-gravity. I'm impressed with this little green frog... It is super stable, dynamic, and I also have flown some short distances with it. This is an other option, and the price is pretty good...
Fly safe Acro! Zoli

charly's picture

hey guys...hey gorayski...

you should also try the new wings from http://icaro-wings.de/
i mean especially the instinkt s; instinkt xs; or the new instinkt fsi (fuckin' small instinkt) ;-)

this is in all sizes a really nice glider, easy to fly, nice for acro, nice for soaring and also to climb in some termals...

i liked this glider sooo much!

peace

oyoz's picture

If you want a wing that can be used for both XC and some beginner acro, I can definately recommend the Aspen 2. It auto-SAT's and it's very easy to get high on the WO's. I recommend being in the top of the weight range though.

ZMercan's picture

Gorayski,
Atis2 is not as nice as Atis ! it doesn`t dive as much. also if you can find a good old ozone vibe you should try it too, it loves to SAT from any attitude and the break preasure is very very pleasent !

gorayski's picture

Simon,
Thanks for the advice. What about the Atis2 XS (Sky)?

simon2's picture

I don't know so much about the synergy3, but i heard, that this glider isnt very good for SAT.

When you want a LTF 2 glider you should try the SKY Antea (Great XC Wing and good dynamic for Freestyle/Acro), GIN Gangster (the classic freestyle glider) or the Ozone OctaneFLX (the new beginner acroglider)!

Greets Simon
www.flysports-weiden.de