14 years ago
Klick hier für die deutsche Version
From 5th to 12th March
This beautiful portugese vulcanic island on the Atlantic-ocean (700 km west from the coasts of Marocco) is a perfect paragliding destination. Thanks to its mild and stable climate the temperature is warm all year round (between 19-25C). Due to the passat winds the north side is often cloudy and rainy whilst the south of the island is well protected, dry and sunny with great soaring and thermalling conditions up to 900-1200 meters. Beside more than 70 take-off places, Madeira offers friendly hospitality, a 500 years old history, unforgetable gastronomy and unnumerous outdoor activities...
You can find out more on Wikipedia or Madeira-web...
Slideshow of Madeira
|Dates:||5th March- 12th March|
|Prices:||1850 CHF / ~1230 EUR*|
12% discount for acro and XC competition pilots ranked in the first 100 of the FAI World Ranking!
In price included:
- Flight tickets from Zürich to Funchal*
- Transfers from/to Funchal Airport
- Accomodation in double bed rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with big fridges, ready to cook
- Internet access
- Private take-off place only 100 meter away from the house (the best situated startplace on the island)
- Transports to different take-off places
- Guiding by the best local expert Hartmut Peters and Pál Takáts
- Briefings to understand current weather and flying conditions
- Sightseeing trips
- 1 free "poncha" per night (tasty local drink)
* Pilots arriving from other countries have to take care of their own flight-ticket, in this case the price of the tour is 350 EUR less
Maximum number of participants: 7 pilots
If you have any questions or you would like to sign up for this trip, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Still have some doubts about the island's potential...?
The best cross country flights of the XC Madeira Open
Watch the movie justACRO Madeira - Expect the unexpected
Startplaces of the Island on ParaglidingEarth
Webcameras all around the Island
View from take-off Arco de Calhete on a perfect day
Facilities on launch
Arco de Calhete from high above
XC towards East
Cliffs all the way along the coast
Soaring on the North side
An evening flight from 1600m to the beach