neck hurts after dynamic tricks

hi guys,

i´ve a question. sometimes when i did dynamic tricks, most of them asymetric sat, my neck hurts.
i think its a kind of whiplash.
i know it sounds funny for someone how don´t know the gforce you can reach.
although i´m in a quiet good shape....

thanks

hannes

Latest Comments

flowers's picture

thanks for answers....
so it´s not that unusual - i did some massage and akkupunktur and i think it helped so far. maybe can start with training my neck again, because season is already here - oh yeahhhh volle geil....
the problem was muscle stiffness, i didn´t do something against for nearly half a year now...

thanks and greets

hannes

herminiocordido's picture

...press your chin down on your breast while doing dynamics - might help your muscles to hold your head straight avoiding some kind of trauma

.Pamela Anderson style

Train your neck, and change your flying position to be more seated on these dynamic moves.

Do Not look at your glider? i disagree

If you are seated very straight, the centrifugal force should be in the same axe as your spine, allowing you to look at the glider.

One other thing, with the new acro gliders it is easy to do dynamics tricks that are too strong.
For example an asymmetric sat that instead of being high, is more flat (but with much more stress) because it was entered early (forced entry).
Try to fly more with the flow of the wing, and she will treat you gently...

H

lupus78's picture

Yep Hannes, probably the best advice is to warm up before flight and don't look up the glider during the manuver, mostly during the entry. I had once a funny SAT, my head bended back and i couldn't pull it back to normal position until I exited!

Lupus

akira's picture

Hi,

Many of my friends told me they warm up before and stretch their neck muscles after a run. This prevents injuries and help reduce the normal muscle pain (don't know the english word) that you get one or two days after. It is especially usefull when you grow older (I am 30) .. To me those problems arise more frequently that when I was 20 !!

Happy g's,

ZMercan's picture

Hi Hannes,
The best advise I was given was relaxing your body (Yep, lots of potential for dirty jokes there :)

And if the neck pain starts to shoot down to your arms or hands don`t ignore it like i did !
Go and see a good Doctor/ Physiotherapist Otherwise you may need to have operations and/or life time troubles.

It really is not funny !!!

smailandreas's picture

...press your chin down on your breast while doing dynamics - might help your muscles to hold your head straight avoiding some kind of trauma. Check out how heavy your helmet is - it once happend to me that I couldn't bring my head back while in the maneuver due to the weight of the helm mounted radio - yeahh, sounds funny, but isn't so funny and happend to me too :-)