sup'air Acro3

Hi Pal,

I just received my new acro3 harness from supair. With the harness, two extra "pieces" came along that i have no clue where they go. One is oval shapped and the other is kind of an 'L" shapped. Both with velcros so it looks like it is supposed to strap to something.
Since you also have the same harness, do you know where these go?

Thanks!

Latest Comments

Marvin Ogger's picture

SAFE

konstrong's picture

Hi
i have tried both acro harnesses first the Avasport acro with 2 reserves side by side ( I don’t know what model that is) and the newest model. And the acro3 from sup air.
Avasport
It’s a great harness very well made super well sown even more beefy than the sup air. First I had the older model for about 3 weeks. I nosiest it had a lot of weight shift potential. When I first flue it I thought I was a bit too much for even shorter thermal flights but I got quite used to it. One thing did bother me and that would be the back part. The strap that go’s from the carabineer to the back piece is mounted to low or it needs a second strap because the back tends to bend throw which is a irritating feeling on you back with more fights. Like I said I had a chance to try the newer model form Avasport and they did not improve that. I also found that by regular starts (forward or backwards from a hill) that the back part between the shoulder straps hits you neck when you run because the edge of the seat hits the inside of your nee and that pushes the harness up and puts pressure on your neck. I had it adjusted the way I wanted for the fight, if it was loser I did not feel that pressure but in that case it was loser than I prefer it to be in flight. I talk to a couple of people about this problem and they said it did not bother them but I found it to be a problem scene we start about 10 to 12 times on a nice day in the weekend. For the safety part now, I find the containers form Avasport better than the ones form sup air. They are also one pin and the reserve go’s out because the flaps open up completely. (The chance of an accidental deployment is higher but radar one to often than not getting the reserve out.) The harness costs 600€
Sup air
I found it also to be a great harness. It is heavier and more bulky than the Avasport. The harness is not as cleanly made as the Avasport one (here and there a strap, the adjustments are not made with the same straps and buckles) the zipper are also not that great of a quality than the Avasport model. I liked the starts with this seat because the seat board goes with your legs on a start and that way lets you move your legs more not like the Avasport its all one piece (seat and back).the buckles are smaller the Avasport ones but I think they will also just do the job. Not like the Avasport the back piece is stiffer and does not bed throw. Safety: the back container opens also completely but I think the Handel for the second reserve could be nicer made more like the first one. The first reserve container opens nicely but not that much as the one from the Avasport. This harness costs 680€
Summery
I found that the Avasport harness is more for hardcore acro and not so much a harness that you can take out when you’re just fling around learning the maneuvers or maybe longer flight for 3 to 4 hour flights. I bought the acro3 and I have it now for about 50 flights and I love it.
This review got way longer than I thought but I didn’t want to leave something out to favor one or the other. I hope someone takes there time to reads this=)

chavo's picture

Obviously not...

jpxtremo's picture

I had a chance to make a short flight with it this weekend. Very comfortable, excellent quality and simple to adjust. I am curious to fly it in turbulent thermal condition, i havent had the chance yet.

PalTakats's picture

:-)

Yes, we are absolutely satisfied, no way to change to another company..
I have now 5 different harness from Sup'air (Acro 3, Vamp'air - XC competition -, tandem pilot and passanger and X-Ride mountain and speedrider harness) and honestly I have to say that I'm super happy with all of them (except my balls during speedriding :-))

Although didn't try the acro harness of other manufacturers, but it's maybe just because I feel like I don't need it...(Ava acro should be also nice). For me the acro 3 is really comfortable (the back part is just perfect), simple but adjustable in wide range, very nice quality, but what is the most important for me is the SAFETY: there are two separated rescue parachute containers, one under the seat (also big enough to place in a rogallo chute easily) and the other one in the back for a normal rescue. Both of them is easy to pull out and this is really important, because before I had a harness which was sometimes very hard to release the safety bin, and this is very very dangerous. Remember that we are playing with our life every day so a good and thrustable rescue system (from the attachment points through the riser, the parachute and the releaser...) is quite important...

If you can't try an acro3 then time we meet I can give you mine.

Marvin Ogger's picture

ey mr. Pal,
so what do u think about the acro3?
do u think its a good harness concerning the weight the construction etc. _compare to the others, for example the avasort or the vertigo? I ask because felix told me that he s flyin the avasport now!
do u wanna change as well or are u satisfieeeed?
ringleDeeDingle_
marvin
::: www.petlu.com :::

PalTakats's picture

It's for smoke bomb, you can fix the line to that velcro - but it is not strong enough for big size bombs. I already ripped mine during high-G maneuvers :-) The idea is very good, but it should be a but more massive, I'm sure they'll change it soon.
Have fun!

jpxtremo's picture

Thanks pal!

One more question, the small and thin velcro on the lower left side of the harness (when you have it on).....what is that for?

PalTakats's picture

Hi!

Those two piecies are to cover the chest strap clicks (T-Bar) to protect you from the metal piecies. The small one goes to the left side, the bigger to the right - longer - strap (if you have the harness on). You should fix it with the small velcro piecies, put it around the riser strap itself. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Enjoy your harness, it's gonna be great :-)