Heli Landing

Hi, my name is Florian
i come from germany and i do paragliding since one year, but at every possible weekend.
i have just started with small for example a wing over. now i would like to try a heli landing but i don´t know how.
can you explain it to me? thank you.

Latest Comments

marnix's picture

Hi!
I think, there is no problem to do(or try to do :D ) Helico-landing with DHV-1, at least I don't have problems to do it with my old Independence - Merlin. :)
My brake settings are high, but anyway, i took two wraps for brake which I use to spin the wing. Aprox. 2m above ground, I little bit symmetrical brake both brakes and after approximately 1 second I release left brake(If I want a spin to Right), and push right brake much I can. So my wing easily spin 180 degrees. :) Symmetrical braking you need, because better spin you got, if you have speed. Don't forget lean out from harness, before you start do this manoeuvre. And wear a proper boots, because with inproper boots you can easily hurt your ankles.

Flori's picture

Thanks for your comments . I.am testing it but i am safty and stay littel. Later I writing how i try .;-)

Quicksilver's picture

it's not too difficult, but i think it's a bad idea to try it with a Beginners glider. They stall very late and you do more a turn than a real spin, that can hurt very bad ... so i recomment you at least a DHV 2 glider.

It's important that have some speed for the spin, the easiest way to get it is brake your glider hard when you are like 5-7meters over the ground, let it shoot forward. Than you flare it, juse the speed to swing up a bit an that pull one side down very hard. When the glider starts to spin release it a bit to make the spinning faster. While the spin lean forward and get ready to land on the ground.

Thats just how I do it, but for the first times I would try it over snow so your mistakes don't hurt too bad ^^

have fun and fly save !!

Hannes

Flori's picture

Heli Landing