Full stal on a DHV 1, EN-A

Hi, I am begining acro and I am working on the full stall on my Arcus 6, I have already do approx 40 full stalls on it and I am abble to find the Tail slide when I release the brakes to the right position after being under the canopy, BUT it is not very stable and the glider already do a pendulim movement...
AND I am not abble to put it in tail slide just after the stall, because when I put my hand on the right position, the glider just flight again when I get under it...
AND when I release the brakes a little under the right position (always when I try to find the tail slide just after the stall), the glider is oscillate... so anyone can help me to find a stable tail slide just after the stall???

Thanks

Latest Comments

martha's picture

Thanks for interesting question. I think that help essay can help to find necessary answers on your questions.

yoshyoka's picture

Hi! It seams that the "right position" you've found is not that right but a little too high.
Try to stay a few centimeters lower and to anticipate the release, i.e. go to that position as soon as the wing stalls, and BEFORE you fall backwards.
In this way you should be able to go directly in backflight without going into a pendulum, improving stability.
Nice flights!

ganz's picture

maybe try to keep it longer in fullstall until it stabalizes then slowly bring your hands up to the point where it reinflates but still keeps flying in a tailslide. My opinion. Any other suggestions? Good luck!

yamadav's picture

There is a video of one of the three problems: http://www.vimeo.com/13243846
the wing restart flying when i put my hands on the karabine,but I want to put it on a Tail slide... do I have to put my hands under that point???

Thanks

paal's picture

A video makes it easier to evaluate.

zeroSIXzero