Avoid collapse at exit of SAT

How to avoid the collapse in the exit of the SAT..

Latest Comments

paal's picture

Your entry is OK, but even the entry could be much faster from point of spiral to SAT.
I think the F-grav need a very strong pull to get a nice SAT angle. So...pull more.
Maybe two wraps on inner brake. Will probably make the entry nice as well.

Just remember. If you pull two wraps, do not wrap over you fingers. It will hurt like hell. Double force on the fingers when you're using two wraps. Take the wrap on the wrist. Not the fingers. ;)

zeroSIXzero

yoshyoka's picture

Hi!
While I have probelms to enter the SAT with the Rebel, (PS thanks for the comments) I have a trick to exit the SAT without collapse and straight: i.e. without a 360 to bleed out the energy.
Try this:
to exit in the moment you leave your outer riser contemporarily center your weight and pull the outside brake all the way down to the carabiner (the inner brake is still down!).
As you pulled till the carabiner release symmetrically both brakes. You will exit the SAT with a wing-over like pendulum and no collapses.
Remember that the outer brake just gives a strong but FAST impulse so don't hold it down, but as you get to the carabiners immediately release both brakes.
Try it out!

pogozoli's picture

Thanks man! I will practice more. I did with this glider about 15 SATs, so I'm not a professional at all, I can use any good advises.
I had a Swing Mistral 4 which was super easy to SAT, slow motion stuff, and the exit was perfect. With this little F-gravity is more difficult to me the exit, but I will try it until I will work it out.
In the meantime I will try to exercise deep stalls, to start the helico soon.
Cheers,
Zoli

JaroXS's picture

Hi Pogozoli,

the entry could be better i mean that you can break it more in the entry to achive higher angle of the wing at the start. When i saw your movie the angle seems to be ok for just a 1,5-2 seconds of rotation, then it getting smaller - seems that you move your hand just a little but up, and the the rotation starts to getting more speed, and so is the descent...

Pogozoli its just a detail :-). Just play more with the break. I dont know if its rule but when i have much less speed of rotation in the sat, and the angle is really high, i can exit almost every time without a collapse using a larger wing which have less energy in the manouvers then F-Gravity.

Dont worry, and keep practise...

Jaro XS

pogozoli's picture

Thanks for the comments. I will try to break it more to slow it down, but I don't understand why are you saying that the entry can be much better... what is wrong with the entry? I don't weight shift enough at the entry, or I should enter faster? I don't used to take wraps on the brake... maybe I should?
Thanks, Zoli

JaroXS's picture

Pogozoli there is smth definetly wrong with your weight shift. I saw your movie and i must say that your sat isint nice... sorry dude, but the entry on that kind of wing can be much better. Besides it seems that you are loosing a lot of height during the sat. Break it more... slow down it...

At the exit try to control it, dont just put the hands up. Break a little bit the outer side. Its is possible to exit nice without the collapse. Need just practise.

Regards,

Jaro XS

sylv38's picture

I have a F-Gravity 20 and I don't have this problem but I've no explication :D sorry

pogozoli's picture

Hi!
I have this problem with my F-Gravity...
Check out the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U8YsftfGKI
With other gliders (Morpheus, Swing gliders etc) I can exit SAT without collapse, but with this I've tried in many ways but still not working. Only in asymmetric SAT with high energy I could exit without collapse.
My friend Collin said that I should weight shift on the outer side just before exit to avoid the collapse. I didn't tried yet... What do you think about it?

Fly safe Acro! Zoli

lupus78's picture

On some glider it is impossible to avoid collapse at the exit of SAT. Even teh FAI Aerobatics rule say:
"no collapse penalty for tip collapse during exit".

lexou777's picture

before to release your break in sat, start to break a little bit the other break just like if you wanted to stop the rotation. This will work pretty well, but it's hard to lead out without any small collapes.

bebetesteam's picture

Hello everybody..I'm sorry for my english, it is not very good..I would like to know how to avoid the collapse of the wing tip at the exit of the SAT. I manage to avoid it 1 or 2 times but i don't know ow i did it! I think that i should release the brake more slowly and in the same time brake the opposite side, but it doesn't work each time...
Thanks for all !!!!!