Helicopter dropping into exit

First attempt at helicopter. As i entered left, after 3/4 of a rotation the glider dove out in an exit unintended.

Any help to keep the glider in helico would be awesome

Thanks

http://youtu.be/QNe_3-e60hc

Latest Comments

Heineken's picture

you are releasing your hand too fast, when you are inside of the manouver you can make it turn faster releasing your hand and put your weight in the side that is flying, but the hand releasing it has to be in a progresive way.

if you have enough altitude try to keep the glider in the stall, when the glider begin to fly backwards then release your hand, but slow , the enter will be more stable and you can also try to put your weight in the side that is flying, the turns will be more faster whit the full released hand and weight, for the exit, center your weight and make a normal exit.

i hope that this helps to you.... keep flying and good luck

alexperu's picture

My first helico attempts would also do exactly the same, drop out after 3/4 or 1 complete rotation.

Your entry was good, you put the glider well into deep stall, but then you waited too much to begin the rotation. When the glider began rotating the positive side was already trying to fly again and the negative side was just beginning to turn.

What I did when that happened was to brake first the positive side in order to keep it from flying forward too much and then brake the negative side to continue the rotation...

Just my two cents. I´ve done about 10 helis so far. None of them were really good helicos, but then, I was flying an EN-B.

Practice your flyback a lot!