ACRO TOUR 2009

Hellooooo !!

Time to prepare the 2009 season ! But most of the events and competitions websites are not updated yet... So if anybody have some news, dates, or various informations about the events and competitions wich will take place in 2009, you're welcome to share them here !!

Here are already some dates :

Wagas Festival, 27/05 - 31/05
WAG 2009 Torino, 06/06 - 13/06
Acrolac (France), 19/06 - 21/06
Acroaria (Italia), 06/08 - 09/08

Some more ? What about Vertigo and Paranoia (no news on the websites...) ?

° ENJOY °

Chris

Latest Comments

Marvin Ogger's picture

für was baruchst du diese kontakte?
zur organisation deines events? was für ein event soll das sein?.

beste grüße

afronetic's picture

Hey what`s up guys! I am a new member at this forum and I was wondering if you could help me out here.

I am planning one event in july`09 in germany and I need some contacts. Does anybody have a contact from Antoine Boisseler and Raul Raoul Rodriguez?

I followed your discussion about the season of 2009 and maybe some of you would like to be part of it. just having some pa-yd fun!
Well it would be great if you can help out!

Regards

Murphy R.G.
See ya!

Icaroflyer's picture

Yes, that´s right but i think the Paranoia is 4 Days ,from 16 to 19 July ,Lupus!!

www.tommuennich.com

lupus78's picture

I heard 17-19 July for Paranoia!

Lupus

Icaroflyer's picture

Yes ,the Paranoia is in July. But it is unoffical!!!

The date is coming soon on www.acro.cc!!

When anywone ask, this info is not from me!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

www.tommuennich.com

PalTakats's picture

Thanks Pal..

By the way, any updates about the dates of Paranoia?

paal's picture

I got the info from the judges mailinglist.
I'm not the leader of the acro commettee anymore, so I do not have "official" info. But this is the message sent out to the judges.
Sit:
Hi everybody…
I had a call with Marc Aubertin about Acrolac 2009.
He must cancel.
No Acrolac this year…
As I see we have only WAG, Aerobatix and Omegna this year..
Read you soon
We are working on an alternative organizer for an extra World Cup event this season. There will be info about this soon. I hope we can make this happen in such a short notice. If it's happening, it is because of you, acro pilots taking responibillaty to organize a competition on your own. ;)

Marvin Ogger's picture

YEAH!.
we ll hit the road in direction up north!.

seeya there.

PalTakats's picture

Pal: nooo way, is it an official info?

paal's picture

Seems like Acrolac is also cancelled.
This is not a World Cup comp, but still one of the bigger competitions.

So, now that the value of Scandinavian money is lower than ever compared to euro, it will not be as expensive as earlier years to come up north to join the comps we organize here.

www.downteam.com/challenge2009 is one of them.

zeroSIXzero

Marvin Ogger's picture

I dont really have experiences in living the acro and competition life so far but what i have seen the last 2 years is exactly like Pál described it. It is sad but it is all about promoting our selfs :(
YES WE CAN :)

paal's picture

I agree.
Because I never hit the top 3 in the world (I was 10th in the World Cup Final results 2006 and 2007) every season put me back 10.000.- euro.
I am still paying a loan after two major World Cup seasons in 2006 and 2007.

Of coarse we can not be world stars in all competitions. There should be big comps and there should be small comps, but at the moment there is no difference in pricemoney if you are 4'th in a World Cup or 4th in a small Norwegian Cup. Exept that you actually get a small price (hehe, a pen or something) in the Norwegian Cup. In the World Cup they most often only give prizes to top 3.

So....what to do? Should we all become Mike MAD Kung?

Pål Hammar Rognøy
zeroSIXzero

PalTakats's picture

Looks like the financial crisis also arrived the acro scene...lol! After last year, I'm not surprised that the organizers are having problems...We better go now and find another extreme sport that you can see on the televisions, where the price money is 10 to 100 times bigger then it will ever be in our sport. Just come and see any acro comps. Almost no media (expect some local tv's or newspapers) and no public. The entry fee from the pilots just provides the price moneys (only for the podium of course) and the sponsors pay the rest of the budget, but not more.
The World Air Games in Torino will be the very first forward step I see since I'm competing and this is a good direction in my opinion. In the future acro paragliding has to show up in much bigger, multi-sport events like this otherwise we will stuck in our very small own world. Why are we still not in the X-Games and such huge competitions? Our sport would deserve it, since it is so spectacular and everything, but still there are only a few thousands practicing it, while there are millions of skateboarder kids out there...
Sorry for the negative words, but I'm just kind of fed up with the whole competition stuff. If you want to do it just for fun, it's fine, then just take your whole summer, several thousands of euros and simply enjoy to fly with all those nice people without pressure! If you want to do it professionally, take your whole life and all your efforts to find some sponsors, travel 5000km's in 3 months, train your ass off, hopefully make some top3 results and in the meantime a few shows, then in the very best case at the end of the season you find yourself with 1-3000 eur in your pocket. Great! The same amout of money you can earn in summertime at a good spot in like 10 days by doing tandem flights...
Anyway, see you this summer... :-)

paal's picture

Rumour says that OluDeniz is also cancelled.

zeroSIXzero

Marvin Ogger's picture

no, im actually not joking!. :D

but they will held it in 2010! and highly probably with a new conseption of a junior comp...?!.
but as i already said they ll post the news on their page before long...

seeya

avonorca's picture

WHAT???? You're kidding me . . . .

What's happening to our comps??? I wish they would move Acroaria to early July so I don't have to come back to Europe twice this summer!!!!

Marvin Ogger's picture

hey.
as I know the vertigo 2oo9 is cancelled because of a lot of organization problems.
they will put some more infos on the vertigo homepage before long.
thts what Gilles told me some days ago.

agardilcic's picture

Acro-Arica
Acro-Pargling cahmpionship.
place; Arica Chile.
date: 29-30 abril 1,2,3 may 2009
take off system: towing over the sea
categories junior and pro

this is the secnd time we do this championship .
regards
Alfredo Gardilcic

paal's picture

Check out the WEB calendar at www.norwegian-corax.no
We put in all the world cups, the norwegian-cups, Norwegian championships, Swedish Championships some WAGA and som more.

Remember that for pilots with lower ranking, the scandinavian comps (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) is far more easier to join than the world cups.

More info on the scandinavian comps, comtact me, or Rolf Dale (new head of the Norwegian Acro comp comittee)
Or ask in the comment field in the blog of Norwegian-corax.

zeroSIXzero