Harness: Ava Acro 2 vs. Airwave Acro 2

Hi! I would like to buy an acro harness with 2 reserves.
I saw the Airwave Acro 1 with one reserve container, it looks very good, I like especially the vest at the cheast and the leg straps, so the version 2. with 2 reserves should be fine for me.
But I also heard good things about the AVA Acro 2 harness. I'm interested about the leg straps. Are they "ball proof"? Has it a vest or something like the Airwave does?
I also would like to enjoy the thermals, which of them is more thermal friendly?
Thanx, Zoli

Latest Comments

pogozoli's picture

Hi Bernd,
Please don't forget to make some nice pictures with the harness from a few angles and put them also in the PDF. Unfortunately I won't come to Coupe Icare, so I'm counting on the PDF :).
Thank you, Zoli

bernd's picture

Hi guys,

If you come to the Coupe Icare, you can come to the Avasport stand; or ask me or Xandi about details of the new model Acro2008. We (Bernd & Xandi) work together with Ava and integrate all the features that are useful and that we need during training, shows and competitions.
The Acro2008 has the 2 rescue containers placed behind each other so there is enough space for Rogallos aswell.

Unfortunately the latest model is not shown on the Avasport homepage yet.
I will provide a small PDF for you after the Coupe Icare.

Fly safe,

Bernd :)

marco's picture

Hi! I have the Skyline vertigo 2R. No problems to carry 2 Reserves --> Very much space. It would have enough space to carry even 2 Rogallos. The Reserves are behind each other. It has a vest,"ball proof" ;-) leg straps and a DHV-prooven protector. What i don't like is the weight of the harness: about 6.5kg without rescue.

oyoz's picture

Hi. I've had them both, so here's my two cents. Most important thing first: They are both ball proof. I had an Airwave Acro 2 L and currently fly an Ava Acro 2 XL. The Airwave felt a little bit more "weight-shifty", which was good for flying my Aspen 2. For the Twister, I think it was a bit to wobbly. For a non acro wing I would probably go for the Airwave as I liked the build quality, simplicity and vest. If you're flying an acro wing I think the Ava Sport is the better choice. I also think this one is the most thermal friendly. It also has a release pin for smoke - nice detail. By the way, I think both harnesses have too little space for reserves.

mikesm08's picture

dude, email Bernd> 'against the grain acro', and ask him all that stuff,,
they do custom colours with tha AvA and a new RCS(rescue catapult system).
and as for comfort in thermals and legstraps etc,,, they are all pretty similar!
ballproof :-)