trim speed

Hi there,
We start doing acro when getting in high winds (25- 40 km/h)
Where can I find some indication about the trimspeed of acrowings available in the market?
thanks Robert

Latest Comments

ZMercan's picture

Maybe it`s time to design a Reflex-Acro wing :)

My friend`s 28m2 intermediate reflex wing can fly circles around my 16m2 G force 360 !!!

Zebur

galan's picture

Thank you guys for preventing me from doing something stupid, ill get that masage anyway

robert

PalTakats's picture

Don't think that higher speed means better performance...it is quite the other way, I would say it just makes it more difficult (and dangerous) to perform most of the maneuvers, needs much more precision to fly safe. Same with the wing sizes. Smaller is not always better - for infinity for example - you need that minimum surface to generate enough lift to throw you above the glider again and under a certain wing size it won't work anymore.
I was watching Yoan flying with a new 15m2 Seven (with even high AR...) at Adrenalina. He is a very-very good pilot, but he just wasn't able to control it nicely, it's just too violent and super difficult for helicos and for tumbles...he couldn't manage to do more than 3-4 turns and it always ended up in a HUGE collapse.

jostein's picture

I think the gradient freestyle is one of the faster acrowings. I had the 22 last year and it was as fast as the small 18m2. Got the smaller size(19,2 m2) now, and it's much much faster. probably 45+ km/h. I'm flying it with around 6,5kg/m2. it is also a very easy glider to fly. I only got 20-30 flights with it this year and few with much acro.
a smal video from the only comp I was to this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogm9r-u4y3s
really crappy and uncoordinated flying, but the glider don't give you any trouble:)

Benny's picture

Hi galan!

Mario Eder (test pilot at Nova) needed a professional massage after doing a rhythmic sat with the shockwave....

greetings, benny

galan's picture

Thank you for this reply. The trimspeed iof acrowings is never mencioned by manufacturers. Maybe because of the big weight range and response.

Who has some experience doing acro with a very fast wing like the shockwave?

Thank you, Robert

PalTakats's picture

Basically nowadays acro wings has a trimm speed of about 40 km/h, but ot course it is really depending on the wing load (pilot's weight, wing size). It does not really mean that you can soar with an acro wing in a wind of 40km/h, but 30-35 could be still ok, if it is laminar. You should be able to find the datas on the manufacturer's website, however they are not always very accurate I guess.