Hero Cameras

Please take a look at these cameras.

Integrated 170 Degree Fisheye Lense, 30 FPS, Waterproof to 100ft

www.herocameras.co.uk

Terry Stubbs video, testing one out in Pokhara.

Latest Comments

consumed's picture

Hi guys,

Herocameras is made up of paragliders who like and believe in the product. Obviously we try to make the product as cheap as possible to win customers and get good videos of the wing so you can see whats actually going on! The website videos are a collection of Terry, Myself and customers who have sent us their videos. Feel free to email us with any questions.

James

skael's picture

A frend of mine has a "digital hero 5" so the same without Wide angle . and i tried it one time under the sail , but it was not too good attached, so it swinged all the time ...
On the end of this film, there is a short shene ( heli with cam under the sail)
http://vimeo.com/2487369
the rest of the film is from various cam's( mostly with my Pentax camera (divx) so it was no problem to mix the scenes with the Movie maker)
I find it's a very good camera ! Small, light, easy to use, compatible (batteries, SD card) . what i would have on it is a standard camera winding for some better attaching possibilities ... but maybe i will buy one also ;-]
other site:
http://www.goprocamera.com/
Seeya Philipp

terry's picture

Hi,

Mickey i bought th atc2k because of the fact it was wireless and seemed hassle free .. but really it was totally crap - sound picture /quality wasn't good and the fact it was not a fisheye made it pretty redundant for filming acro. In ref to your question mate, i honestly don't know about editing PIP? The hero cam wide records in AVI format if that helps?

The 170 degree wide angle lense is just stonking man! You can start and stop recording in flight easy enough. Waterproof, tough, simple to mount on the helmet, leg and wing. They have just recently put the Retail price of these cams up - but even then they still represent great value for money and usually you would have to pay upwards of 400 euros to get the same kind of quality.

Hi Arjan, here is some video i edited for www.herocameras.co.uk .. http://www.vimeo.com/2995281 this was filmed with only the hero cam wide. If you look also at 'Take only what you need' the majority of this was also filmed with the hero cam.

Honestly if it was a shit product i wouldn't mention using it but it really is simple and perfect for filming. Many of the acro pilots i met in Pokhara wanted to buy the hero cam i had out there and were really impressed with it. Hope that helps.

Terry

yellowbird's picture

Hi,

Like Arjan I have a ATC2K that I got from a friend for testing. I actually liked it better under water than in air.

But what really annoyed me was the (NTSC/PAL) fps wich is 30 while we have 25 fps in Europe. If I wanted to edit a video with two different angles into one video PIP (Picture in Picture) like if I had the ATC2K on my helmet and someone else filmed from ground I was unable to merge these to vids into one caused by the different videoformats 25fps vs. 30 fps.

I guess that would be the same problem with this camera? The software I used was Pinnacle.

The models I've seen most used is a bulletcam connected to a videocam with remote cables etc. The problem is to keep it watertight, or have something that in case of contact with the canopy doesn't make your head with helmetcam tangle easy?

Vertical greetings -Mickey- ;)

"In ACRO it's not the speed that kills you, but the lack of it..."

arjan's picture

The on site demo video isn't available anymore, I'm really curious for actual user-experiences and self-made movies !

So anyone that already made a movie with this cam, please post it somewhere so we can watch it : )

I had the ATC2000 cam and for my purposes it was really crap. So I fancy something small like this if it is close enough to my rfconcepts bulletcam and I can leave the camcorder at home : )

One life... live it

crazysky's picture

Thanks terry for your answer! Think I´m also gonna get a few cams for the hole paragliding crew in my area in Austria!
When you also say it´s no problem to buy them from herocameras.co.uk, i think I trust on that what you said and will make some nice shots soon.

regards,
Christoph

terry's picture

Hi Crazysky,

Yes these cameras are really good. I was in Pokhara and the pilots there were really impressed with the quality. The camera is self contained and really easy to mount on the helmet, foot and wing (nice and light too). On top of which its waterproof so really handy for flilming yourself screwing up a mnvr over the water. Simple to transfer to computer and no hassles with wires coming out during filming etc. I was asked to sell mine a few times - they are really that good. Of course the best thing is the price. www.herocameras.co.uk are run by paraglider pilots for paraglider pilots. The price is the best and you even get a free 2gb card and batteries. Don't get confused with the hero standard which has no wide angle lense.

Regards, Terry

crazysky's picture

Can anyone give me some Infos if that cam is good, cause I think I´ll buy one too.
On that website (www.herocameras.co.uk) the cams are much cheaper than in other markets.

Perhaps on

www.xsportfilms.com

Could that be that they are so cheap?

regards