helico training

hey guys

my paragliding-mission for this year is learning deep stall and helico nice and properly. i use to fly gradient's aspen II freestyle, but for my liking it's a bit too bitchy to learn this maneuver.
you guys know any good wings (means to learn a good technique at safe training conditions) for this?
my takeoff-weight is about 90-95 kg.

cheers

Latest Comments

sylv38's picture

HI,

Free Gravity ==> hélico factory

Sylvain

spinAir's picture

thank you my friends :-)

Natuk's picture

I would stick to the Aspen Freestyle, I've just flown it two times but helicos have worked quite well with it.

IMHO first try the helico once and once again for about half a year, if you're still not happy go for another wing... Ah, and first go for a held and controlled deep stall ;-) Take you time....

A good advice for many wings is to release the brake lines from the rolls. Now you can choose which part of the trailing edge you want to brake more, hand near to the body => more brake to the ears, hand away from the body out to the side => more brake to the center of the wing. For deep stall and helico you usually want less at the ears and more in the center. Just try it out!

Urs

www.airaddicts.ch

simon2's picture

maybe you should try a glider with a smaller aspect ratio. like gin gangster, sky atis, octane flx or something like that. so its much easier and you nearly get no cravatte if something goes wrong :)

greets simon

akira's picture

Hi,

Regarding helis with the burn, I have read very different comments on it. several pilots have tuned the break lines to make helis easier on the burn. The problem they found (I am not good enough for helis) is the the outter tips stall much earlier than the center which makes it more difficult to find the deep stall than on other wings. Therefore I recieved the advice to make the outter break lines a bit longer to have a more homogeneous stall along the whole span.

The reason why the outter tip breaks are shorter would be to make dynamic tricks easier ...

crazysky's picture

hey man!

doing helicos on the airwave burn is nearly perfect! I´ve first flown the airwave burn 21. Now the XE (which i have for sale in market). The bigger one is so smooth and easy to fly. The smaller one (15,8m² projected) has more power but is not toxic. It´s just faster than the 21. I like both of these gliders! From the first moment i felt safe under these wings ;-)
any other questions?

regards