i have a gangster looking for a new acro glider and idears

i am looking for a new acro glider any idears of the best on

thanks
justin

Latest Comments

Gonzo23's picture

Hmm keine Ahnung obs den Octan FLX 2 gibt.. war nur so ne Annahme, dass man eben den nehmen soll, wenns den dann gibt...

...Nikita und Acrominator... fast dieselben schirme...

Ich habe gehört, dass der Schirm den Ich geflogen bin wohl ein umgetrimmter Proto gewesen ist. Auf jeden Fall hat mit dem Ding was net gestimmt. Der Schirm war schon von Anfang an komisch... Das selbe ist mir auf einem vertrimmten alten Morpheus auch passiert (A und B geschlauft).
Ich bin auch nen neuen 18 Supersonic geflogen, und da war das Helimanöver kein Problem... Trotz der kleineren Fläche...

Gruss

Martin

laisch's picture

I fly an Acrominator Pro 18,5m² since 2 or 3 months. I think this glider is really easy to handle. You only have to show him who the boss is and you don't have to sleep, but i think for an Acrowing it is one of the easiest to fly. And I think with the 21m² Acrominator Pro you will have a nice Freestyle Wing.
But you have to be carefully also, because it is a big difference between your Gangster and the Acrominator Pro.

Greets
Tom

flymore's picture

Nikita 21 is perfekt,
you have a super acro wings but with this size you don't have problem to
thermal up. It's the more easy wings to control of this kind.

I flow all the series and the last one is for me the best acro wings to fly now

Alessio

Teresa's picture

des wird dir bei jedem acroschirm passieren wenn er eiert und du ihn von hinten volle schießen lässt. da ist mit sicherheit der pro schuld, ja genau.......und übrigens, die nikita und der pro sind dieselben schirme ;-)
ajo, seit wann gibs an octane flx 2??

Best regards

Die Stubaier Manda

Gonzo23's picture

Hello!

I wouldnt buy a Octane FLX maybe the Octane FLX 2? But i dont know. For sure i would buy the Aspen Freestyle . I flew this Glider for 1 Year and learned all possible stuff with it safely.
Ive tried different gliders with the same size (22 m² with 120 kg) and it was all similar for me. I now fly a Gforce 360 with 22 m² and when you make a mistake its exactly same behaviour like the Aspen FS with also 22 m².
So dont care about the Glider... The size (of the Glider) is the only thing which matters. And you get used to EVERY glider. You just have to fly as often as you can, and learn fullstall, backslide at first.

Fly it, and decide for yourself. Try Fullstall, tailslide, and safe lead out. When you not sure, buy a bigger one. The only thing which matters is safety. You will spent a lot of time to clean up your brain when doing a mistake and miss the canopy 1 meter or touching it.
Theres no canopy which is "dynamic" and "safe" at the same time. You even get used to a "slow" canopy, and can make good and high wingovers with it. I flew a Golden from Gradient last week with 28 m² and could easily make loops with it, and Heli stuff... Theres so much to learn with a normal Glider.

P.S. Well maybe dont ever buy a Acrominator Pro. I flew it with 21 m² and tried Helicos, and nearly fell into the canopy on leading out.

Cya

Martin

Diceman's picture

I'm on a similar boat, Justin! I'm looking for a new acro glider too but still need a glider that I can thermal up to gain hight when I need to... I'm not lucky enough to have a training site where you can take off and have 1000m below your feet...

I've got a couple of ideas. Last month, I've tried Niviuk F-Gravity. I'm really interested in this glider but only thing I'm concerned about is some people reported of breakage! - loop tore out... I had a very short flight but it felt really dynamic but super solid. I'm a little confused with the weight range on this glider... On Niviuk website it say size 20 is 60-90kg and size 22 is 80-110kg but in the technical data which I downloaded from another site(Niviuk UK I think) says size 22 is 50-80kg and size 22 is 70-100kg... anyone know which is correct? I'd like to know this because my total weight is 80kg so I'm at the bottom end on 22 but top end on 20... Not too sure which is best for me... I'm looking more towards 20?

I can't decide though whether to wait for FG2 or get the current one now...

Another glider I've seen but not flown is Aspen 2 Freestyle. Looks very dynamic and fast but with good safety for learning new tricks. I've seen one guy learning helico and he could do it quite easily.

I've also heard that Octane FLX isn't so good but have seen some guys doing really nice tricks really well!

Anybody know much about U-Turn Thriller? Is this one as hot as Morphes? I've been flying U-Turn Free Force(Freestyle) but don't really like it as the trim speed is very slow and a lot of work to get enough energy to do any dynamic moves... It is a very nice looking glider but is quite big and feel floaty - and I've got the smallest size they make!

I don't think that anyone can tell which glider is best for another because every pilot has their style of flying and it is a very personal thing... but any suggestions and comments would great!!

Cheers in advance
Diceman