Up Rock 2 21 good for pilot with little acro experience??

Hi,

Can somebody please advice me if the UP Rock2 21, which i
can buy in stock, is a good glider for someone who has little acro experience?

At the moment i am flying UP Kantega M DHV 1/2 and i trying to do SAT Helico
Tailslide wingovers. Wingover, SAT and tailslides are no problem.
It would be great guys if you can advice me!!

My take of weight is approximately 95kg.

And i want to know stuff like safety and the agression of it.

Thanks!!

Greetings Tom

Latest Comments

jenesgy's picture

Hi,
I'm flying exactly that glider, but I'm just beginner in acro. I really like the glider, because she is really dynamic, has really good handling, good LD and speed.
But to tell the truth, it's hard to SAT the glider, other maneuvers aren't difficult, and easy with the glider.
The safety and agression, I think and other question. I think, it's easy to understand the glider (only brake travel significantly shorter), but it needs fast and exact reactions, and needs really active flying, in this case it can be safe. If you don't fly actively, than it can collapse easily, and compared to Kantega (I had also flown that) it's fast and aggressive. If you totally okay with Kantega, than it can be a possible, but big step, I think that Rock 2 is a modified Trango 2 XS, but more dynamic and agile than the Trango 2 (that's my xc glider). It depends also on the conditions, where you fly, and how much you can fly...
I think you can ask Mads, directly on UP homepage contact, or Hannes Sandhofair (search on Justacro), they will glad to help you, with your questions.
If you have any other, I'll try to answer to you.
Good flights.
Győző

jenesgy's picture

Hi,
I'm flying exactly that glider, but I'm just beginner in acro. I really like the glider, because she is really dynamic, has really good handling, good LD and speed.
But to tell the truth, it's hard to SAT the glider, other maneuvers aren't difficult, and easy with the glider.
The safety and agression, I think and other question. I think, it's easy to understand the glider (only brake travel significantly shorter), but it needs fast and exact reactions, and needs really active flying, in this case it can be safe. If you don't fly actively, than it can collapse easily, and compared to Kantega (I had also flown that) it's fast and aggressive. If you totally okay with Kantega, than it can be a possible, but big step, I think that Rock 2 is a modified Trango 2 XS, but more dynamic and agile than the Trango 2 (that's my xc glider). It depends also on the conditions, where you fly, and how much you can fly...
I think you can ask Mads, directly on UP homepage contact, or Hannes Sandhofair (search on Justacro), they will glad to help you, with your questions.
If you have any other, I'll try to answer to you.
Good flights.
Győző