D-bag connection

What is the most common way to connect to a paraglider for a D-bag drop? The first drop I did was from a tandem paraglider, with the d-bag connected to the front spreaderbars. The big disadvantage of this is that the pilot will be on his own on the tandem, which is not so good in strong wind or thermals. What if you drop from a solo-wing, will you use spreaders? Or slinges so that you are below the pilot? Please give me some advice! Thanks! Wouter

Latest Comments

aerialanarkist's picture

hay Wouter, glad to help.
no the glide should stay the same, but you might well be flying much, much faster, with the extra load. if your flying out with heaps of foward speed, you will find the glider behind you as it opens, due to the speed you are still traveling foward at.
good luck :)

ganz's picture

Hey aerialanarkist, thanks for the advice! Will it influence the glide of the solo wing a lot if you're under the pilot? Not that it matters that much but just wondering. I'm going to France pretty soon and want to do some d-bag drops there. Thanks again! wouter

aerialanarkist's picture

hay
i did my first Dbag from a solo glider we just hung straps/slings straight off the pilots carabiner's(along with his risers. you want to make sure the straps/slings sit low on the carabiners, so they dont sit over the risers). we choose a solo glider as the pilot dident want to fly an unloaded tandem. depending on wind strength and glider size you might just need to run a little harded on take off.
i used straps/slings around 1.5m long