Airwave Slingshot

Latest Comments

Essie's picture

I Just borrowed the Slingshot 17.5 from Airwave in Easter hollydays and had a week of flights with it at Garda lake and Bassano. I tried SAT, Dynamik SAT, rythmics and tumbling with it and the glider is easy to controll in this manouvers. I didn´t try heli as I m not good to it yet.
I love to make ground spirals with this glider. Its very fast, precise and controlable.
I flow also in thermals with it. I could stay op even in very weak conditions (with total weight of 92 kg)
and in good conditions it acts exactly as the original Mustang. Easy to center thermals and turn flat.
Even got an 8m/s boble over Bassano start and got shoted up to 2800 meters in a couple of minutes. Nice altitude to use afterwards;=)
I have my own on the way home now and kan't wait to try it in the ridge here in Denmark.

skael's picture

thank's Loopy for your advise , i think i try it next time ;-]

Loopy's picture

I just bought a slingshot (17.5 sqm). I have been flying a ganster XS, and this glider is definitely a step up from the gangster.

I only got about 12 flights on it (all of them acro over water) and I got it to do helis (very fast and fun), stalls, and even got it into a rhytmic SAT once. The glider seems to love to dive hard, which seems to be what you want for the rhytmic and infinity.

So far it has recovered beautifully from any messed up maneuver. The tip does like to cravatte every now and then, so you have to know how to deal with that.

I really like this glider. I hope I will be able to thermal with it at my home site. I will write more later.

Loopy

skael's picture

Hello Mates !
Does somebody actually fly the Slingshot ?
Any experiences about it ?
Is it hard to handle ?
see ya on air ! ;-)

oyoz's picture

I was looking for info about the Airwave Burn, and then this showed up on the Airwave home page. Not too much info about it though... Anyone?