Wing for XC flights and ACRO

Hi! I'm searching for a good wing for XC flights and also some acro. My Synergy 2 is not very good for acro. I'm searching for something not more than DHV 2, with good glide ratio, but also suitable to do SAT, Wing-over, to learn helico with it.
Any ideas what glider should I try?

Latest Comments

LuLu's picture

Hi there,
I used to fly Intox 19 acro for xc comps and acro - was very very good for this.

Then I wore it out and got an NGravity 19 - great for acro, but not good for xc. The glider is so full on that when you're in the back of beyond, full lee side, it's alot to control.

Now I get a Burn 21 for xc and acro. I can still sky out on this.

Of course, I am very small and can fly 19sqm for xc - 65kg all up :-)

Kind Regards
Lulu

chris74's picture

hello birds,
I have a gangster S and it is really a good canopy for XC ( even at the end of April , I am able to exit and travel all around the principauté of Annecy where I live ) and sweet akro session . Do hope it helps and now it is time to speedfly my skim 12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue skies
Chris

erlendmc's picture

Sorry, pogozoli not pagozoli...

erlendmc's picture

Hi Pagozoli,
you asked me about the Aspen2Freestyle

I am still waiting for my glider to arrive... (It has been a long story that started with the F-gravity)

My new Aspen2F 20m is finished and should arrive soon.

I have tried the aspen2 24 without hight for acro:( I liked the way the glider behaved and ordered my A2F. The Aspen1 had much much much longer brake travel which they have sorted out on the Aspen2. My friend is having a blast on the A2 glider, doing ACRO and XC.

I will be 100kg all up in the 20m2 glider. I know that I am loosing some of the XC potential by stepping down a size. I used to have a 22 acro intox which was a nice combination wing. It depends on your weight though.

At the moment I am keeping an Aspen1 26m for those XC days.

I will post my feelings about the A2F glider when it arrives.

edupsousa's picture

The Synergy 3 got a special "unpublished" version, size XS, people who flyed said it's preety good for acro. I dont know the exact size but should be around 22m in real area. Ask your SOL importer about that wing.

Quicksilver's picture

you don't even need the freestyle version, i flew the 24m² (my weight with equipment is 95kg). It was pretty dynamic, so a normal Aspen in your weight class or 2m² smaller should be enough. Just try it

pogozoli's picture

An other option can be the Gradient Aspen II Freestyle, 22 m2. For my weight it should be ok for XC too, and for some tricks.

pogozoli's picture

Thanx for the tips. For XC the Synergy 3 and Cayenne 2 seems good, for acro the FreeForce... I think the best will be if I will try them.

handerson's picture

cayenne2 xs or s. works fine with sat and helico and perfect for xc

greetz

Quicksilver's picture

hey, i am going to buy a Free Force 22 the next days, its ok for XC in my opinion. But of course you don't have the same speed like gliders which are made to fly XC only. You should try the Aspen, too. I tried it and its pretty nice, its more XC than acro but you can fly very nice asymetric SATs with it, too. You don't even need the Freestyle Version, but of course its more dynamic. It was hard to choose one of these two gliders, but finaly i liked the Free Force better.
I think the best way is just to call the companys and try some gliders

jnasjr's picture

I looking for the same thing and i belive that SS3 can be a new possibility. Here in Rio de Janeiro we have a lot of Free Forces and the pilots talk very well about it but its GR 8,1 - 8,4; SS3 GR 8,8 - 9,1. But i think in 2 others possibilities: Cayenne 2 GR 8,6 - 8,9 and Vega 2 GR 8,7 - 9,0. But, i only flew in free force and my first impression was that free force is not so good for XC. I Never flew in the other 3 gliders, so to answer this research we need help of other pilots who already have flied these others gliders.
Jorge Nascimento

Anonymous's picture

Hi Zoli,Cool
I thing for both is beter Free-Force U-Turn, is perfect in XC fly all so in Beginner ACRO mast test in fly this wing.

levardar's picture

Hi Zoli & COOL,
I thing for both is beter Free-Force U-Turn, is perfect in XC fly all so in Beginner ACRO.

pogozoli's picture

Hi Pal!
The Synergy 2 is not good for SAT. I couldn't do it well, almost the half wing collapses when I'm entering. And I think the problem is not with me, because I can do SAT with other gliders... I'm would try once a Synergy 3, I read on the paraglidingforum.com that it is OK in SAT and wing-overs.
The U-turn is good idea. Marius had contacted me about that.
Have a great time in Turkey and Safe Landings!!!
Zoli

cool's picture

I was looking for the same wing, but had to admit that shold buy a wing for acro and an other for xc.

It is orgasmic to fly with a small glider, you can go further in acro. A normal size is OK, but when you see others doing tumblings, mistys, mctwists you think get the hell with this shit...

I tried the Morpheus and it was great. A 17 m2...

PalTakats's picture

Hı Zolı!

I have a frıend who also has synergy2 and has problems wıth SAT. Does the glıder do the manouver or you also have problems?

My advıse ıs to try a U-Turn Morpheus ın your sıze, 24m2 would be perfect so you get a good wıng load to fly XC, but you have a perfect glıder for acro at the same tıme. Anyway, whatever you choose there wıll be a compromıze...

See you man, regards from Turkey!
Pal

pogozoli's picture

So, any ideas? I'm think about to buy a new Synergy 3, because I like it very much. Did it tried anybody if it's good for acro, too? In the book of the Syn 2 it says clearly that it is not good for acro, but in the Syn3 book there is no comment about that.