Infinite tumble with Peace 2 22m?

This might be the year that I do my first infinite tumble. I can't find anybody on youtube that does it on a 22m Peace 2.

I'm about 93kg naked so maybe 105kg all up.

You might think, "Oh, just get the 20m Peace 2" but the challenge is that I also do a lot of paramotor acro and 20m is a little aggressive when you add that weight (122kg?). I like to learn new things over the water in a free flight harness. If I think I have it down, I bring it to the paramotor.

So, is a 22m Peace 2 too large for an infinite tumble?

Latest Comments

WoodysGamertag's picture

Three months have passed. I don't think I'm as close right now as I thought I'd be when I posted this. :)

derschoeneledge's picture

Hi,

I flew Infinities with the Wild 22 and the Peace 22, I did the entrance via Rhytmic as well as via tumbling. The wingload was about 95kg. It worked fine on both wings, nice canopy-pressure and still a lot of power

WoodysGamertag's picture

I intend to. I actually got a used Sophie 23m at a stepping stone toward it.

dalechamberlain's picture

Did you buy a peace2?

WoodysGamertag's picture

Phipsi, that's exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

I appreciate the replies everybody. I think I know my next wing.

Phipsi's picture

Hi,

105kg with the 22 will be perfectly fine. I did rythmic to infinity, antirythmic and also tumble entry and stall exit with the Peace size 22 with a TOW of just about 93kg, as you can see in the videos below. I'm really happy I learned it with the big size as it gives you plenty of time during the maneuver to understand the timing. Have fun and stay safe ;)

cheers Philipp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CED16GfBRjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl_UFpJqgb8

Fabian's picture

From the airg website: Already slightly above 4kg/m² all the manouvers work smoothly
So even if you are really 105kg (and not more as suggested below), you end up at a wing loading of 4.77

rich69's picture

22 is fine for infinite, my Emily peace infinites fine at 115kg All up. Also i'd be surprised if you are really flying at 105kg with a naked weight of 93kg, the glider alone weighs 6kg so only 6kg for harness, reserves, your clothes etc seems a little light.. I would guess you are more like 110-113kg all up.