Freestyle wing

Hey Guys and Girls

I thing this is one of the most asked question but i really need help.
I have something about 150 flights and i start to get a little bored with my B Level glider it was great to learn stalls, wingovers,... but now i want something more powerful.
I am looking for a freestyle wing what can you tell me about the freestyle 2 the Icaro Instinct and the Octan FLX and Octan 2.

Many thank and best wiches
Alex

Hallo zusammen

Ich denke es ist eine der meist gefragten Fragen wäre aber doch froh wenn Ihr mir kurz ne Antwort geben könntet.
ich hab etwa 150 Flüge und langsam wird mir langweilig suche jetzt im Winter nen Freestyle Flügel damit ich dann im Sommer richtig loslegen kann ;)
hab 3 Modelle die mich Interessieren den Freestyle 2 den Icaro Instinkt und den Octan FLX und Octan 2 was könnt Ihr mir über die erzählen?

Viel Dank

Gruss
Alex

Latest Comments

ARGZ's picture

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
i feel much more confutable with a freestyle wing not an acro one.
i think i just test some wings and then see afterwards =)

qiv's picture

Hi,

I would also suggest to go for a large acro glider; at least if you are serious about acro. Try to do a couple of flights with an acro glider and you will feel quickly, wether you are ready or need to do the detour over a freestyle wing.

But in the end it depends on your personality and the circumstances. Are you considering to join an acro club in Switzerland and train over water? Whats your take off weight?

Cheers,
Geri

ARGZ's picture

Hey guys do you know anything about the airg Sophie??
Seems like a cool wing

SATurn's picture

Hi, Alex,

what you could also consider is buying a large Acro-Wing.
Flying it with a wing loading of around 4 kg/m2 will give you:

• a lot of time to react
  • acclimatization to longer lines
  • acclimatization to a non-dampened wing

After flying this kind of wing a season or two, you can move on to a smaller size. You will then benefit from alreday knowing the reactions of the wing, only adjusting to the quicker and more powerful behaviour.

ARGZ's picture

Hy Andy

Danke viel Mal. Denke ich schau mir den FS2 mal noch genauer an =)

Gruss
Alex

Andy40's picture

hi alex,

Denke es hängt von deinem können ab, was du bisher geflogen bist.
Der Instinkt ist ein einfacher 1-2er der easy zu händeln ist, evtl. Schnell langweilig wird.
Der flx ist die absolute heli maschine, relativ einfach zum heli lernen, im vergleich zu anderen schirmen. Aber die absolute Sinktüte.
FS2 in 22 bin ich bis vor kurzem selber noch geflogen, macht spass und hat für einen freestyler ein relativ gutes gleiten, also auch noch zum bisschen thermik fliegen geeignet. Ist für den einstieg glaube ich ganz ok.
Aber am besten probier die Flûgel einfach mal aus, jeder hat einen anderes empfinden.
Kauf auf jeden fall keinen schirm den du nicht vorher geflogen bist!
Hoffe es hilft, lg andy