Orange ST risers not long enough

Does anybody know how I can lengthen the risers of the Orange ST Rogallo to make it fit into the AVA G2 Base? There are about 40cm missing so I can't connect the risers of the rogallo to the shoulder-hook-points of the Base-Harness.
I know that with the Acro3 the Orange ST-risers are also to short if you want to put it in the container on the right. So there must be plenty of people with the same problem.
Can somebody help me? Does anybody have some experience?
Best Wishes

Latest Comments

Bidi's picture

let us know how they solved your issue ;-)

shitname's picture

Alright, big thanks to Flugsau (the manufacturer of the harness) . They contacted me own their own and are fixing the problem for me. That's excellent customer support :-)
Thx
Felix

shitname's picture

Again, cheers mate. I was just kicking around some thoughts in my head and posted them to spice up the conversation ;-) I do know how to pack a regular reserve, it's just rogallos I've never worked with. But you're right, I will seek some professional help ( :-D )

Bidi's picture

Felix,

please get in physical contact with someone that knows how to repack a reserve. They can easily show you how to open up the inner container, take out the necessary amount of lines, and check wether the option (2) described in my original post is feasible. The rest of your post sounds "very" experimental and I would not consider doing it yourself, as you do not seem to have a lot of rigging experience... Find a local pilot around that is experienced with reserves etc. in order to help you out.

shitname's picture

Hi Bidi,
a big Thank You for your kind answer :-)
I think storing part of the lines outside might be an option, but I have to admit that I have somebody who repacks my rogallo and I have no clue which lines are which. So maybe it's safer if I focus on the "riser extension".? I'm not sure where I can get something that's strong enough - maybe something from the rock-climbing-section? Does anybody have an idea what to use for this purpose? And as you already said, reaching the toggles will be an issue. Maybe I can simply add some "extra toggles" with a line going up to the already existing toggles and fix them with duct tape (probably sounds worse than it actually is). I will definitely work closely with my local paragliding-shop (but they have no experience with this, either) and ensure that a second person checks the whole thing before I try it out.
Again, thanks so much for you help.
Best Wishes
Felix

Bidi's picture

Dear shitname (what a lovely nick ;-)),

1) On the Acro3, you just store the first 20-40 cm of lines outside the inner container.

2) The same principle should work on the G2, HOWEVER, whereas on the Acro 3 both left and right risers run in the same channel, the channels are split on the G2 for the right and left risers (and thus attached lines). As some of the lines stemming from the right and left risers will connect in the center of the lineset /center of the rogallo, you have to make sure whether this "line lengthening" works on the G2 in order to ensure a smooth deployment. Test this in a simulator! Otherwise, the lines that connect into a common central line could get stuck on your harness and put you in an unfavourable position.

Let me know if this works, as there would be the 3rd option of lengthening the risers with the lines by only a small amount plus adding a small "riser extension" to the bridle attachment point. HOWEVER, if doing this, you must ensure that you are still able to grab the toggles of your reserve in the upright harness position.

Cheers,

Bidi