Organya in September

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any tips if Organya is still working and could be a good destination for the next 2-3 weeks (mid-september), or if it´s already too late this year.

In the second case does anyone have any tips for locations that allow plenty of airtime and height over ground in September?

Happy landings...

Latest Comments

davinthesky's picture

You could also try Olüdeniz or Algodonales, Olü is perfect, not sure Algo sites give a good altitude and safe box but I think yes.

davinthesky's picture

Hi mate, well, I came back to Organya 3 weeks ago and it doesn't fly that much anymore, although there was some good sessions. The past 2 weeks we had a mix between 100% cloud cover, rain, and some flying windows, for examples the past 3 days: day 1 sunny with rain at mid day => X, day 2 working but light => xc acro ;) , day 3 working strong but big congestus with black cloudbase a bit all around and heavy rain curtain coming from Col de Nargo, south, in an hour time, at 6pm : was a good 2-3h for some pilots.

Today is half cloudy again, not sure it will work. And the forecast are not on our side if you have a look :/ So being elsewhere I wouldn't come I think. But someone having a fairly loaded acro wing, and being here can enjoy any small window on sunny days, and 1h for 3-4 runs flying in Organya is definitly worth, more than many other places closeby atm. So there are still a few pilots here, out of the locals, and the sun is still powerful enough to lift well a few hours... on a very good day.

Cheers