Freestyle 3 Brainstorming

Let's do a brainstorm session together!
It is all about the Freestyle 3!
The evolution continues!
We love the current Freestyle 2 glider. You can:

- walk up the mountains (weight size 20 is 4,2 kg)
- go for XC flying (good glide ratio about 8+)
- do Acro flying (12G)
- feel the glider, let it immediately act how you want
- fly in super strong soaring conditions because it is fast

There are many good things, but also things to do better.

WE WANT YOUR IDEAS!

You are the pilots which use the glider all over the world. So lets do a brainstorm session together!

Comment in this forum or at our homepage www.teamfreestyle.at/brainstorm, send us mails, pictures, make a video.. whatever. We want to hear your voice!

What are the advantages of Freestyle 2?
What do you do with it?
What can be improved?

Because we are thankfull for your ideas/ comments we are giving away some TeamFreestyle T-Shirts at the end of the session!

Latest Comments

allen27's picture

I don't have a freestyle 2 but have flown my brothers a number of times I have a few thoughts that you may consider.

Trimmers slipping. I have found that the trimmers slip and can be hard to get even. sewn ridges could help prevent this.
Sand. Beach flights are great fun but sand in the wing tip can cause problems.
I have seen gliders with velcro in the trailing edge to remove sand. I have also seen holes burnt with a soldering iron that slowly let sand drain as you fly.
Comp line's. While they are good they often become tangled the option to get regular sheathed lines would be nice. Also you can find the stabilo easily. I know the fs has a different colour stabilo but after a few flights the stain on the lines makes it harder to see.
Motoring. The freestyle is great for ppg but if you adjust the brakes for better acro the handles can be out of reach for motor flights with a lower sitting position. Double loop risers may be the answers.
Brake pulley. My brother had to cut his off with a knife when he when to free brakes. I have seen removable pulleys that attach to the rapid link malion.
Acro handles. It's a popular change to fit these and may be worth considering as standard.

I think you have a difficult task to improve the freestyle 2.

afischba's picture

I love my FS2, and what I really love the most is performance. I have always seen the Freestyle 2 as a more "advanced" freestyle wing, something that doesn't necessarily make tricks easy but gives you really good performance while still being able to take the acro abuse. That is why the FS2 is out of the bag more than the thriller, I can stay up, go places, thermal up, then throw down. So I want more even more performance in the FS3 :)