airsickness when I make a deep spiral

I practice paraglinding since a year and now I try the spiral, but when I do it a feel airsickness(dizziness). I want to know if somebody tell me what activities can I do to control this feeling.
Thanks for your comments

Latest Comments

paal's picture

And dont forget to eat and drink. You body can take more if it got energy. And you are not tired.

paal's picture

Use your big muscle. Thighs and stomach muscles. Press. That will keep the blood in your upperbody for a bit longer. Dont forget to breath.
ALso. Gliders with XC profile, and longer lines give more G-force. Acrogliders and beginnergliders less. Some XC comp gliders are really bad for spirals in regards of high g-forces.

mangostacrc's picture

Hi grzegorzg for your advice, I will put into practice....

grzegorzg's picture

Focus your view on one point.A point on your canopy (stabilo eg.). This should help. And what Mario said. get used to it step by step :)

Some technique I heard of and did not try is to press your lips together and breath out under higher pressure. additionally you can put your feet under the seat and contract your muscles (feet, ass, stomach). however this was develeped for jet pilots :D i dont take any responsibility for this advice :D

mangostacrc's picture

Thanks Mario I take your comments to improve this acro trick. If some you wana come to Costa Rica theres two beautifull places for fly a you can fly all the year.

HolzingerM's picture

Hi mangostacrc

Take it easy there are people who are more sensible than others when feeling more G's on there body. (like me)

Practice deep spirals often and increase the amounth of pressure on your body slowly till it begins to get uncomfortable for you. :-)
But not to much!!
So, you can get familiar with that feeling and push your own level forward in little steps.

I know it will take a few flights.
However the spiral dive is a good (maybe the best) to get familiar with higher g-forces in a safe and comfortable way.

best regards
Mario