Suggest a sequence/order to learn and practice acros

Hi,

There are many tricks listed in this website. I assume that some tricks are definitely dependent on others, so what is the best sequence/order to learn these tricks?

Tricks listed here are:

Deep Spiral
Horseshoe
Full Stall
Spin
Tail Slide
SAT
Wing-Over
Asymmetric Spiral
Dynamic Full Stall
Looping
Asymmetric SAT
Mac Twist
Misty Flip
Helicopter
SAT to Helico
Helico to SAT
Helico to Helico / Twister
Tumbling
Rhythmic SAT
Misty to Tumbling
Synchro Spiral
Helico Rodeo
Molineti / Pitch pendulum synchro
SAT Rodeo
Helico landing / Spin landing

Thanks.

Latest Comments

acro_guru's picture

Thanks for your feedback. @kimsmile, @yamadav, @Beginners Mind, @stefkopp, @Martini.

acro_guru's picture

Thanks Martini.

Kimsmile's picture

As many acro pilots advise: to learn a trick, you should start with exit end entry. When you know how to get 'into' the trick and how to get out safely, you will have less fuck-ups and progress quicker. For example it's a good idea to start with spins and fullstalls (or even deep stalls) before you try a heli. If you follow this concept, there is a natural progression line in all acro tricks, similar to the learning order David suggests.

But I prefer the 'aloft-approach': You have at least three paths to progress. And by parallel training, you progress faster (you, not me): Training Deep Stalls to get to Helico can be frustrating. If you get stuck, you should stop and try something else or master something easier. Like this, you can repair your confidence, free your mind and keep motivated by having fun. And don't forget about groundhandling...

yamadav's picture

Here an acro learning order I would recommand to a complete beginner:

(Without twisted maneuvers, these can be incorporated in your learning process at any point once you MASTER (wich mean you can make it proper and safely eyes closed) the normal maneuver you want to make twisted).

-Little ears and big ears (if not teached in school)
-Control of 50% collapse
-Light pitch pendulum (learn to provoque and STOP IT to understand the dynamic)
-Weight shifting wing overs (only with weight!)
-3-6 deep spiral with candle exit (strait, without dissipation of energy).
- Big Pitch pendulum (can go until the full frontal collapse, make shure you know how to full stall if you go there). Always practice the stoppage of Pitch Pendulum, it's the basic of paragliding pendulum movement and the basic of most maneuvers in acrobatic.
-Full Stall
-Spin
-SAT
-Wing Overs (to always practice, it's the perfect reminder of the dynamic basics)
-Looping
-Dynamic and assymetric sats (can go until the tumbling on the side, be prepare to stop the big shoot)
-Helico (basic of all connections in acro)
-Mysti (and mysti to mysti)
-Sat to Helico or Helico to sat (depending wich one is the easier with your type of wing)
-Mysti to Helico
-McTwist (violent spin from speed, can connect to helico)
-Xchopper
-Corkscrew
-Tumbling
-Joker
-Rythmic Sat and antirythmic
-Infinity
-Esphera
-Spiral landing

Beginners mind's picture

This is not perfect. Progress up the levels, following the black lines to progress and combine 2 tricks to create a new one. Grey arrows show connections. This is also available as a T-shirt from www.aloft.clothing

stefkopp's picture

Hi acro_guru and all,
I think this is a reasonable sequence:
Wing-Over -> deep spiral -> asymmetric spiral -> loop
SAT -> asymmetric SAT -> tumbling
Negative -> McTwist -> Misty Flip
Deep Stall -> Helico
And I would say, there is no need to finish each "chain" completely... for example, most people learn SAT early (technically easy, relatively safe). Same for negative. But then you probably need the asymmetric spiral to add dynamics (go from SAT to asymmetric SAT or from negative to McTwist). The only additional recommendation I have is, I would learn these other tricks before going to deep stall/helico... There is less of a fast success there and also the number of fuck-ups you get might increase considerably -- at least it did for me! :-)
Best regards,
Stefan