Acro Tour 2007

Training, competitions - acro tour 2007

Latest Comments

PalTakats's picture

Hi all!

Wow..didn't write since a while...Pity, but I just simply didn't have internet connection for weeks now. Since then, many things and events has passed, but without a computer above all, I wasnt able to report you about them.

Paranoia in Zell am See, I achieved my first solo victory :-)
1. Pàl
2. Pittoco
3. Felix

After the competition I travelled straight to Bulgaria, Sopot to perform an acro show during Skynomad open XC comp. Unfortunately the weather was pretty bad, altough we enjoyed great hospitality and amazing foods! On the last day, finally the weather turned good and we could make a show for the pilots, during the briefing. Anyway, the flying site is just perfect, cable car to the top, neverending, high ridge, strong thermals.
Then back to Milano, received my new glider a 16m2 Twister :-) Just made 2 flights then went straight to compete at Acroaria. however I didnt planned, but finally I hooked up with Cyrille Planton to take part in synchro as well. After 4 valid solo and 3 synchro runs:
1. Pittoco
2. Cyrille
3. Pal

1. SATisfaction (Pittoco, Horacio)
2. Chat Chatte (Cyrille, Pal)
3. SOL Tribal (Curreca, Renatinho)

After the comp drove straight to Aosta Valley, or actually to Cervinia, which is a side valley starting from Chatillon. WOW what an incredible place! Flying just at the foothills of the Matternhorn and other 4000m peaks. There was a little show here organized by Fans de sport, during an ultralite festival, which was placed in Chamois at an unbelievable airfield (altiport). The runway is maybe 200 m long, but to be able to take off and land it is on a slope, so the planes land uphill and take off downhill :-)
We flew here for 3-4 days and even did some XC flights with the 16m2. Today morning with a local pilot and mountain guide, Nicola, we climbed to the top of Breithorn (4165m), it was amazing. Unfortunately the weather was too bad to take our gliders and fly down from the top.
Now heading to Villeneuve, Vertigo...
See you there!

PalTakats's picture

After a long journey we arrived to Voss, Norway! It is our first time here and we have never been so far on the north. The beauty of the country is breathtaking and the sun just goes a little bit below the horizon so all night long you have lights like around sunset...amazing! We are enjoying the great norwegien hospitality in the house of a local pilot-friend. On the 23th was the longest day in the year. The opening ceremony was held yesterday afternoon with some hanggliding and paragliding acro demos for quite a lot of spectators, today is the registration day and the comp starts tomorrow.
I will keep you informed about the news, results, etc!
See you!

PalTakats's picture

We arrived to France, Lac du Bourget.
Acrolac competition just began, unfortunately with pretty bad weather.

Finally we have internet connection here, so I will let you know the news, results and stuff!

Soft landings!

gaborkezi's picture

And we also had serious costs after our new van went through a random breakdown near Valence in France. Anyway we could enjoy the hospitality of Guilamme Cornet and the Blues Team in St Hillaire for some days until our car got repaired. Thanks for that! These are really great guys.

Anyway did you know that Cyrille Planton is able to do Infinity with his Mac Para?
Gabor

cool's picture

Pal, Gabor and Szasza left behind hills of Buda, they are heading now to Oraganyá.

JustAcro team went thru a serious development: the guys run a big and fully equipped van instead of the small suzuki that Gabor had before.

So - Acro Tour had begun!