Acro in South-East Europe

Hi,
I'm looking for training sites in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia or Monte Negro.
Water is nice, but not obligatory. I'm looking for conditions where you can do some tricks and climb up again, mixed with some toplandings :) Also local acro orientated pilots are nice to have around!

Any of you know places around here?!

Latest Comments

lupus78's picture

I was in Ohrid in the begining of May. It is definetly a place to visit, with nice flying conditions and people. We managed to fly 6 days in Ohrid, with good conditions. Perfect wind direction is west orientated, but other directions are altered by the mountain if it's not too strong. Morning is usually weak, but will be pretty strong in the afternoon!

I hopefully will visit Mostar also, as me and my friend are planing a Balkan Acro Tour, ending in Ohird, going across Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia.

kalimero's picture

Hi lupus, I'm from Mostar BiH, cca 2 hours south from Sarajevo. We have a crew of 10-15 pilots here but since i'm the only one into acro it would be great to have you here for I could use few advices. We fly from a hill right above the city suitable for morning thermals E-SE and SW for afternoon soaring. Hight difference is 700m, sorry no water but the thermals are very good and strong from 11-16h on an average flying day here and you can stay up for hours. If you get a chance to visit we would be happy to host you. I will be in Vertigo in a few weeks maybe i'll see you there. More info on my page kalimero11.googlepages.com
Happy landings, Albin

lupus78's picture

I was in Bosnia (Sarajevo) last year ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=ek9NNBPqHNs ). It is a nice country, with nice flying possibilities. I've flown 3 takeoffs. One of them seams suitable ( http://www.vertigo-sa.com/TrebevicEn.html ), but the weather wasn't perfect that day.
I've also found and other over the internet, it's close to Dubrovnik, and the place is called Trebinje, but I have never been there, only some photos, and limited information.

cool's picture

In Slovenia Bohinj is the place, but I can not recommend it, because its height...it is about 300 meters.

In Croatia: check the acro in Makarska topic.

Bosnia must be great, but we din not explored it yet.

C.

terry's picture

Hey Lupus!

I have been there last year, really friendly people and Ohrid is beautiful.. Weather was'nt so great the week I was there but we still managed some flying. In the afternoon you can get some nice height above Lake Ohrid... If you get the chance bro, definitely go there.

lupus78's picture

I definetly want to visit Ohrid. Have you been there?

terry's picture

Hey Lupus,

How about Lake Ochrid in Macedonia. :-)

lupus78's picture

Hi,
I'm looking for training sites in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia or Monte Negro.
Water is nice, but not obligatory. I'm looking for conditions where you can do some tricks and climb up again, mixed with some toplandings :) Also local acro orientated pilots are nice to have around!

Any of you know places around here?!